Cb antenna for dummys!!!

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by craig_sez, Sep 18, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    When you sell the truck just slap an nmo cellular antenna in the hole before you sell it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the whole "$50,000+ truck"
    I'm 130 miles from work, one way and my wife and I share custody of a 2005 Toyota minivan and a 2013 Harley Ultra. I couldn't imagine paying that much for a pickup truck.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Especially a half ton I'm assuming that's what it would be

5. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I coulda bought a sports car for that but it doesnt get my bike to the track,doesnt do well in the snow and what ever else i like to do..
    I cant wrap my head around anyone owning a harley either..So the point is moot...
    I bought what i like with my $ for my reasons....
    Ill not be drilling holes in mine cause i dont care what a dealer says i care what my buyer says..If it gets me an x anount more cause its in really great shape and no holes n such im the one better off..I get great return on anything i sell..Even my company trucks get a good return..
    Besides ill not be needing a radio in my truck all the time..Its just when i travel to one of my family members homes who are all atleast 4 hrs from me...So in my case magnet is just fine for that..Its no work truck,its my 1/2 ton sports car..

bored silly and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  6. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Craig, no insult or criticism intended. Im sorry if it sounded as such. My wife and i are doing the Dave Ramsey financial plan and moving to using cash only and part of that is evaluating needs versus wants. I'd love to have another pickup truck, but because my wife doesn't work, we don't need another vehicle. When I'm at work, she likes to ride the bike.

bored silly Thanks this.
  7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    No its all good..No offence taken...I only bought new cause it was my time to do something special for me..I was looking into buying a house but when this cancer reared its ugly head and that i had top $ offer on my 2010 ram i said eff it..
    Its the only non cash thing i have done so for the most part i live off whats in the bank account..

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    That's why I don't like to use them. They will trash the paint. Russ always said putting anything under the magnet between it and metal changed things too.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Dave is great!

slim6596 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I dont need to use a mag..a tri pod in the back with some guy wires the my ant on top would work

11. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I have a 2005 Ford F 150 and I have used a Wilson 1000 magnet mount for 9 years now. I live in Florida and deal with humid conditions on a regular basis, and even though magnet is pretty strong you would think it would be moisture proof but I have to on occasion lift up the base and towel down the surface ( high swr lets me know) and over time there is actually a circle that is showing rust and no paint ( which probably provides a better ground) . If I had to do it over I would probably have drilled a hole and made a permanent install, also had to replace antenna recently because magnet came apart from base when I was lifting in up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.