CB antenna in Millis truck.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Lunchbox379, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Lunchbox379

Lunchbox379 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    i have a lightly moded CB,and was wondering can I put my own Wilson antenna on the truck instead of using the stock ones?? Also,can I mount my CB somewhere other than the dash or cubby? Or do they complain about it.... I start school next month and want to know what I should get together ahead of time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WisconsinF150

WisconsinF150 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I used to work at Millis until they became A'Holes and put cameras and microphones in the cab staring at you and lying to us claiming they only come on during "critical events".

Whenever that green exclamation point is lit, they are watching and listening LIVE!

You can not drill holes into their trucks at all. You can hook up a better antenna behind the cab by clamping it to a rail. You run the coax through a plastic vent behind the cab.

If they're still telling newbie that they need coveralls ... you don't.

Sneakers are Okay, because you can feel the pedals better.

Go to TSC (Tractor supply co.) and get winter work gloves $10 to $20 a pair. They aren't sold near their summer gloves, they're sold near the ski caps and nylon winter gloves (don't buy nylon for work).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Lunchbox379 Thanks this.
  4. Lunchbox379

Dec 7, 2015
    The camera part does p me off a little bit,but if they want to watch me scratch my balls that's on them. I'll give them a show,trust me!
    Thanks for the heads up! Do you know if I can run better power wires then they may have??

5. WisconsinF150

WisconsinF150 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2014
    No, you can not run better wires to the battery. Anything hooked up to the batteries must be hooked up by Millis mechanics and the only thing they'll run to the batteries is a power inverter. Check with them before buying the power inverter, they are picky because of the concerns of burning the truck down.

I used a 100 watt amplifier with no problem using the same hook up as the cb. I used one of those small Italian amplifiers bought on Ebay for app. $110.00. I think the manufacturer is RM. Many selling them on ebay are in europe and only a few will sell to Americans because they are illegal in the USA.

Lunchbox379 Thanks this.
  6. Lunchbox379

Dec 7, 2015
    Thanks for the info! My buddy gave me a Cobra 29 with a 150 watt RFX. But tuned to 100watt and has updated parts in it as well as reciving mods and whatever else. I was hoping they're wires hold up.

7. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    For your antenna the outback bracket might be an option.

Lunchbox379 Thanks this.
  8. Link407

Link407 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I have a cobra 29 with rfx on a 2014 freightshaker hooked to stock power connecter on dash and works great. I got a mirror perch but mounted it on the passenger side mirror on the top of the door works good but not sure what kinda truck you are getting

9. Lunchbox379

Dec 7, 2015
    Hell im not sure neither between KW or Freightshaker

10. Link407

Link407 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    image.jpeg Frieghtshaker setup

11. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I would look in the fuse panel and see what the CB power uses for fuse size.
    I have seen some with only a 5 amp fuse.....A RFX 150 would pull more than 5 amps for sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.