Cb shop near Wichita ks that does mods

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by markk, Aug 23, 2015.

1. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    ouch
    ouch for Ok techs ! so your saying Ok has very bad techs . Can not just be that or just OK . Has to be some good techs out there somewhere .
    Anyone ever use the radio guy at the truck wash on 161 st & 412 right south east corner from quip trip in tulsa ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    they had a nice location back in 2004 and had a lot of cool stuff in the shop but unfortunately any tuning they did was done with a meter which unfortunately resulted in worse performance after they got done than the radio performed from the factory. It showed more watts on the meter but the distance was cut by 2/3

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    they had a nice location back in 2004 and had a lot of cool stuff in the shop but unfortunately any tuning they did was done with a meter which unfortunately resulted in worse performance after they got done than the radio performed from the factory. It showed more watts on the meter but the distance was cut by 2/3.
    I spent the weekend in that parking lot and I told the guy I wanted to buy an xforce amplifier and I wanted 4 2sc2879 transistors without a driver section and the guy told me that 2
    2SC1969 transistors was not enough to drive 4 2sc2879 transistors transistor and he insisted that I purchase an amplifier with a driver section. Needless to say, a few years later as I learned how these things worked I ended up paying someone to bypass the driver section anyway because the driver section would overdrive the final section. It was a crappy design to begin with and the guy sold me something I didn't need and refused to sell me what I asked for. Needless to say without the driver section it works a thousand times better than it did with the driver section.
    If somebody doesn't understand how amplifiers work and what the limitations of a transistor are they have no business inside your radio. Even most technicians who understand the limitations of a transistor lack understanding of class C biasing and how to make it function properly on AM. Its okay to purchase things from those people but I don't recommend them from a technical standpoint.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Reason for edit: voice to text spell check
  5. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I read on a cb forum that it was very important to have the right tech put in mods . they had some people on there that did this stuff . i could look them up again and ship it to them to get it done . One of them answering questions seemed very knowledgeable .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.