CDJ Bulk Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sodbuster03, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    could any one explain what kind of work they do, places they go, and the type of customers they service. i know there website says that they service the steel industry, but wouldnt heavy steel tear up the alum. trailers, i figure they haul small steel bit the have been group up or something. they have a classy fleet any info.
    thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kc8vje

kc8vje Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2007
    East Point, KY 41216
    I dunno about CDJ, but if you all are looking for end dump OTR and regional. I'd check with J.K. Williams LLC. in Lawrence, KS.

I worked there 2 years ago, and have several friends that still work there. I kick myself in the butt on atleast a weekly basis for leaving, but I got homesick. (That's what nearly 6 years of local driving gets you.)

I never had a problem with them at all. Jim the owner was super nice, and treated me like family. They have all Peterbilts as well. (like it matters. To me a truck is a truck, as long as it is comfortable and trustworthy).

4. dshaw1965

dshaw1965 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Texas
    nice to see a ex oakley brother still surviving.

5. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Mastllc, you asked about the type of work, basically anything you can put in the dump, I did fertilzers, rock, steel, aluminum, potting soil, pretty much anything agricultural. Their website says they have an emphasis on steel industry, but it has said that for years, in 09 when I ran regional I think i only had one metal load on my dump, and yes it did tear it up, but that was on account of an operator not paying attention. Long dumps are pretty fun, and can be very challenging to haul, but at the same time you have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, there's a lot of drivers out there who say they would never pull a frameless dump, pretty sketchy at times.

mastllc Thanks this.
  6. mastllc

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    thanks cause i see guys in day cabs running long frameless dumps that are from south georgia and i think its no way that they can be hauling rock that far so i was kinda of curious as to what all they haul.

7. wesland24

wesland24 Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Macon,GA
    i work in macon for a local end dump company and yes we do haul rock that far . we go to savannah , brunswick,jesup,waycross,alma on a regluar basis

8. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Never heard a bad word about CDJ, when I looked into them seems like they wanted you to live a certain distance from their yard ?? Anyway I was to far away that I do remember..

9. mastllc

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    westland do you know of any dump outfits that would take on an 19year old. hes a decent driver whos not afraid to work hard, come early and stay late, and keep the equipment clean at all times. also what is the reason that you guys haul rock so far, i know about the sand since it comes out of roberta, but why do they haul rock that far?

10. wesland24

wesland24 Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Macon,GA
    because georgia dot state jobs have to have certain specs on the rock they use and only certain quarrys have certain specs. also it could be as simple as one quarry is out of cartain type of rock . as far as i know there are no quarries south of macon . what part of ga you live in i might be able to suggest some companies . we go in a 4am and get off around 6 or 8 pm mon thru fri and 4 to noon on saturday . let me knoe where you live

11. mastllc

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    i live just a few miles south of atlanta right out side of 285 not to far from the two quaries in forest park. been trying to talk to some of the local companies but they keep coming back with i didnt know you could get a cdl at 18, or the we require you to be 25 with 3 years experience, or my favorite we would rather hire someone older with more experience which makes sense but i think it means a lot that at 18 i even tried to get my cdl moreless passed the test the first time, i hoped that would count for something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.