CDJ Bulk Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sodbuster03, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Cartersville has the Budweiser brewery right there off the exit where the Pilot is at, not sure of a number. I used to pull out of there in 04' for Commercial Carriers and I think I remember seeing Cowan, you should be familiar with them I think they pull coke out of Washington, Pa., then there's Millis and a few other outfits. These companies most likely have local drivers that pick up from the brewery and deliver within the greater Atlanta/Chattanooga area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carolina cracker

carolina cracker Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2012
    lumberton n.c.
    Guys were asking about cdj bulk in columbia sc I've workedfor them in the past for 3 years and I'm going back to them now their great to work with its a family owened and operated. Top line equipment and yes they are cut back and have been for years when I was there they were at 78mph now if your smart about fuel milage their 72mph if your not so smart , getting speeding tix you'll be cut back to 68 if you havnt learned yet you'll be cut loose their tightning the rains on everything because cost of buiness as well as new laws and insurance. If you get the opertunity to come over just remember its a privlige to work here not a right and you'll do fine.

4. 5thwheel23

5thwheel23 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    South carolina
    just wondering what the average take home pay is at cdj. i have seen them up and down 95 and am really interested in what they make. looking to make a change but need to be making at least a certain amount to make a move.

5. carolina cracker

carolina cracker Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2012
    lumberton n.c.
    Hey 5th wheel its %% based pay so kindof depends on the hand your delt but a
    good average guess right around 900 take home but I do 5 loads a week its a good average I never complained or felt I needed more ya know .hope that helped and if you think about coming over tellem you've been talking to carolina cracker take it easy..

6. bigcountry79

bigcountry79 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2012
    Was thinking about applying for cdj"any helpful things I should know bout cdj before I try?thks

7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    what about tolls, and do you get paid weekly?

8. The original Shadow

The original Shadow Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Shadow here,

I worked with them in the early 90's when we had the old 120 freightliners and had a blast. Money was good and we ran like he*l. Back then a 4000-4500 mile week was average, but thats when we could do it like that. After the move to the petes they started focusing on mileage more, hence the cut back trucks. Plan on running alot of steel up to Pa and cottonseed to upstate NY. Tolls used be be paid as long as they were necessary and not just for your convenience. You will get paid weekly and for the record I only spent one weekend out on the road with them for the combined 5-6 years I was with them. If I were to leave my current job they would be the first ones on my list.
    Triva Question, does anyone remember when and where Johnny lost his DL?

9. rockytopcummins

rockytopcummins Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Columbia,SC
    So who are you working with now? I'm about to get out of the military and seriously considering CDJ if they'll hire me. I've been driving trucks in the military for eight years but I'm running into some issues about number of years "verifiable experience", seems a military is not good enough for some.

10. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    Have you contacted them yet to ask?

11. Dumptrukin85

Dumptrukin85 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Try Trantham services out of Alexandria al.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.