CDL in 1 day

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by HorseShoe, Oct 4, 2015.

1. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Got this from facebook. Shaking my head in disappontment.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Outrageous, yet today, this doesn't even barely make me shake my head. And then some wonder why the trade is going to the crapper.

What's worse is the fact there are some trucking companies that are perfectly happy to hire those who might obtain their CDL this way, and hope for the best. If they make it through the short term real world learning process, they will then graduate to learning how to log and drive 4,500 miles/week :biggrin_25523:

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @pattyj
    At the bottom it says call Ray; isn't that pattyj's boyfriend?

5. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    ok a few things. i see on the trailer, it is claimed he has a 97% pass rate. now of course, he does not elaborate if it is the first time testing, or the second time. he makes no mention of a 3rd attempt for free either, so i'd surmise, that means the "student" has to start paying all over again.

next, (and at least here in my state), if he was to have a 5 hour training time, he had better have the DMV testing done BEFORE noon time, as that is when usually the DMV testers go home. i have never seen any activity at the DMV (road) test site, past noon time.

maybe in his state, they stay open all day.

this is what i was able to track down, regarding this place

http://www.getacdlnow.com/

and a short statement, which made me laugh, since the training is only in 1 day..

Straight Stacks and truckon Thank this.
  6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Now we know what Ray does for a living @pattyj

truckon, HorseShoe and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He must not make too much money; he has pattyj driving for Uber.
    Then again, maybe he's doing great and they're banking pattyj's Uber pay for that early retirement in a condo on the Las Vegas strip.

truckon Thanks this.
  8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've known of them for a while. I'd never recommend them, from a moral point of view.

I'd like to see FMCSA require training/testing facilities to register drivers licenses in a database and track the progress of the new drivers for the first 24 months, including all 'in house ' , and independent training facilities.

More accountability from the other players in the industry - shippers/receivers/training, instead of consistently and increasingly turning the thumbscrews on the poor loose nut behind the wheel.

Straight Stacks and TruckDuo Thank this.
  9. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Truck Rentals for those experienced drivers that are near ready to take a CDL Road Test.

(The unanswered questions: to get hired by a Major Carrier requires a CDL School attendance & So, to become hired by a Major Carrier without going to a CDL School will require about 10 years and 1 mos driving experience...just enuff for the CDL testing procedure to become obscured by the drivers 10 year employment history application)

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I got mine in a day with 1 hour of instruction.

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I got my license after about 40 hours of in-truck training and I wouldn't recommend anything less than that. About the only thing this 5 hour deal is good for is someone who has a decent amount of experience who let their CDL lapse while they were persuing another career and wants to return to driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.