CDL or NO CDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by tmlonghorns, Jul 17, 2009.

1. tmlonghorns

tmlonghorns Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Gregory, MI
    Ya know I think you may be right as I have never seen this reg. in writing. Alot of people talk about it and it mayk lead to less issues but I don't believe it is required.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    Hence the name OOIDA (Owner Operator & Independant Driver Association) If they were about large companies they would have to change their name to something else. Then they would not be the OOIDA and their mission would not be to help the Owner Operator and Independant Driver...This should be self explanitory.

Uh....Yeah! So how does that make them "anti trucker"?

Maybe you should start your own organization for large company drivers...How about: LCLCDA (Large Company & Large Company Drivers Association) or LCSDGHBTCA (Large Company & School Drivers Gettin' Hosed By The Company Association) You guys could have a flag made from a dirty pair of sweats with a picture of a pair of flip flops and a pee bottle on it!:biggrin_25517:

4. tmlonghorns

Mar 12, 2009
    Gregory, MI
    No DOT # is required and no 'Not for Hire" or "Private Carrier" is required. I do not follow under any more regulations than that of a 4 wheeler, unless posted signs so otherwise
    Meaning if the approaching scale says "All commercial vehicles must enter" I can blow right by. If it says all vehciles over X tons must enter then I must enter.
    Must follow speed limit signs etc.
    No logs, no inspections, no cdl.

5. txviking

txviking <strong>Trucker Geek</strong>

Jul 18, 2009
    Florida
    What kind of truck, and if the scale says "all commercial vehicles must enter", have you ever been pulled over for legally bypassing the scale?

Also, what states do you drive in?

6. tmlonghorns

Mar 12, 2009
    Gregory, MI

International 9307 with a 60" sleep and a 48" van drop deck.
    Been pulled over. No issues as long as the horse being hauled belong to me. They don't even ask about the commercial thing at that point. Probably get the red light more than most as they are curious.

txviking Thanks this.
  7. jride

jride Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2009
    in my living room.
    wow thats the shortest trailer i've ever heard of lmao! hek man you dont even need a truck for that trailer. you prob could just pick it up and carry it..j/k

8. txviking

txviking <strong>Trucker Geek</strong>

Jul 18, 2009
    Florida
    Must be some tiny horses, too! ;)

9. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    But they are trying to push themselves on the company driver! They don't have to support the large companies, but they should be able to support the large companies drivers.

Mark

10. tmlonghorns

Mar 12, 2009
    Gregory, MI
    You make one typo and BANG.....out come the peanut gallery!

11. jride

jride Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2009
    in my living room.
    wasnt tryin to give you a hard time longhorns..i was bored..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.