CDL question

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by asavage1576, May 20, 2015.

1. asavage1576

asavage1576 Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
    been a mechanic 6 years. Never had my cdl. I want to get one this year. Company will pay for it and give a raise. Last year my license was suspended which I ended up getting it back. So I have had an outstanding traffic warrant for a few years. It's from a city. It close to the house so anytime I get pulled over the local cops just let me go, they just tell me I have a warrant. I even went to the DMv and got my license back when I had the warrant. Think applying for a cdl will be any different? Will they arrested at the dmv for an outstanding warrant?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Why don't you get the warrant taken care of so you won't have to worry about it? Even if you get a CDL, with that warrant as soon as you get stopped at a scalehouse or roadside by a DOT cop, you'll chance getting arrested. Truck and trailer towed off.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I know this may sound stupid but if you have an outstanding warrant and had your license suspended, how did you get it back with the warrant still outstanding?

5. asavage1576

Mar 18, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
    I was wondering the same thing. But at the dmv they never mentioned anything and gave it to me.

6. asavage1576

Mar 18, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
    Times just a little tough right now. Just want to get a little more saved up some have spare cash on hand. Raising a family on just one income. I'm not worried about scale house. I'm just a mechanic

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.