Celadon flatbed questions..

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by SteelPhoenix, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Whwn i spoke to nick just 5 days ago he said the only way to make any money is to staynout for a minimum of 2 weeks or more at a time. And that from here out all drivers are dispatched. No reason one should be married to their truck in order to make a living, and no reason one shouldnt have complete control over where and how one drives their truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2015
    This all sounds very interesting, has anything else come out of this or did you decide against it?

4. Tkrazy

Tkrazy Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Celadon flatbed is now Eagle Logisitics. Same trucks fleet etc. NOT true that you are dispatch only. They have a list of preferred brokers but you can add others. So you can book your own as well as utilize your dm to find loads. They have a Facebook page. (Celadon/Eagle flatbed) Or call Tom in recruiting.

5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Celedon has owned eagle for awhile now, they just bought Evans trucking in butler Indiana a year ago and that's what most are seeing.
    No nothing came out of it. After don't the numbers and speaking with others it's too risky for me. I'm going to go with my companies lp program, numbers wise, it's safer, and after seeing how they did my buddy on his truck, they are OK in my book.

6. Gitaslife

Gitaslife Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2014
    CelaCon is a joke. They have the miles and will run you no issue. The equipment is great..... The issues come when you look at your pay. Pay is horrible! And these guys get you coming and going. This place is for new drivers that don't know ant better, I was once one of them. I don't even want to continue.

7. Tkrazy

Tkrazy Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2015
    But have you flatbed for them. Doubtful. I ran into a driver today in NC says his check hasn't been less then 1800 a week bring home. That's decent money.
    Sucks that you got stuck pullin dry box and now you have to troll

8. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Everyone that I've spoke with on their flatbed side have nothing but good things to say.

9. Gitaslife

Jan 28, 2014
    No. I didn't run flatbed with them. They didn't have that division when I was there. I still have a buddy there that's a trainer. I haven't asked him about their pay on flats. I should, but doubt they are making a killing. Not trolling. Trying to stay informed. As I said. They have top of the line equipment and have no shortage of miles. I just wasn't happy with the pay

10. Tkrazy

Tkrazy Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Just busting your chops. 75% is pretty good I'd say. The thing that sucks is their buy out on trucks

11. Gitaslife

Jan 28, 2014
    No lease program is perfect. I'm at Hirschbach now on a Lease and I'm doing very well. The good part about CelaCons lease was the no payments when home. The best parts of Hirschbach's lease is the .99 per gal fuel and the maintenance plan. To each their own though. I wish everyone the best on whatever they are doing and hope they are successful

Tkrazy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.