Celadon Information

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Tombstone93, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Tombstone93

Tombstone93 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Arizona
    I would like to know is it better to go solo or team with Celadon?
    What division seems to do well at Celadon?
    Any information you have would help in making decisions.

Thank you for all your information that isn't listed on Celadon website.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Assuming you're a new driver, you will be forced to team for a certain amount of time. Then you can determine if solo or team is better.

Teams usually make more money and do more drop hooks vs solo drivers who do more live loads.

Tombstone93 Thanks this.
  4. Tombstone93

Tombstone93 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Arizona
    Well, I do know as a new graduate from a private school I will go out with a trainer for 10k miles.
    I am not familiar with the "live load" term could you explain what that means.

Okay, so you said teams do more drop and hook. Does that mean teams are run in the dry van fleet?
    I thank you for your information. Do you work for Celadon?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  5. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    New drivers can team or run solo reefer for 6 months.You can change,if you find one is not a good fit.Reefer is mainly food,so live unload-load..your clock is running while waiting..good for people who cant sleep in a moving truck.Team truck rarely stops,mostly drop and hook,rarely waiting on a shipper.Longer runs and very few live loads-unloads.Expect a team truck to see the shop more often,as the truck runs constantly,for weeks at a time,rarely shut down,except to check the oil.

Tombstone93 Thanks this.
  6. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Live load: you back into a dock and pray the people unloading/loading you (lumpers) enter your trailer in a timely manner. The issue is you are at the mercy of them. Could be 1hr wait or 7. When your wheels aren't rolling you're not making [much] money.

Drop and hook: You enter a shipper/reciever yard, drop off your trailer and pick up a loaded one. Cutting out the wait time on people to unload you

Hope that makes sense

Tombstone93 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.