Celadon Lease drivers

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by roadhammer123, Feb 27, 2015.

1. niteowl7710

niteowl7710 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2010
    FayCo, Pennsylvania
    FWIW Celadon has added two additional pay packages to the Lease Purchase program. One is based on a sliding mileage scale (shorter the haul the more it pays) with a 40,000lbs & above bonus CPM feature. The other is a 70% of Line Haul Revenue, but it's put on your big boy pants trucking where you are responsible for your own tolls, IFTA, etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Morgan1981

Morgan1981 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    the miles are here if you stay in the main freight lane east of 35. Sometimes freight gets real slow. I been here two months. I set 4 days in west Nebraska, 2 days in Cheyenne, 3 days in Denver, 4 days in my sterling Kentucky. Other than that been moving like normal. My dm is nice. The bad parts to this company is they are very dis originized. Like the most dis originized company I've ever worked for. The orientation is almost all done on computer. They have orientation 5 days a week. Every single day. They really need more freight. My biggest complaint so far is the micro managing. You might as well have a boss breathing down your neck. They want you to send a message every time you take a brake and every time you come off brake. Stay in your truck until you receive comformation it was reviewed. The training program is the most dangerous I've ever seen. The student runs the first 5,000 miles solo. Two weeks give or take. Then at that point the truck goes to full teams for another 5,000 miles. So with 2 weeks exp you are running full teams. I look for the CSA score to really jump under this program. On the good side I've only not made any money 2 weeks. I've had some 200 weeks but hey it's better than nothing I guess. Lol we use comdata. Dispatch is somewhat forced. Depends on were your at and how much freight there is. The terminals are okay. Don't expect to wash your clothes for free though. 1.50 to wash and same to dry. The showers are okay as long as you don't have allergies to mold. I would rate this company a 5 out of 10. Hope this is helpful to yall.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Just doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in - for the reasons @freightwipper pointed out.

I'm currently running dedicated loads for $1.83 to the truck, with no truck payment, and for the responsibility of an independent contractor - it's not a number I'm that proud of.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry - I know you were trying to keep it positive, just thought I'd give you a comparable.

5. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014

How much do you net after your expenses... since you wanna talk big and bad yet work for schneider? I hope it's over 2k

6. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Schneider l/p is better the celadon that i know for a fact.

7. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Schneider has an awesome L/P program, maybe the best, definitely in the top 3.
    Don't know anything about Celadon L/P, but I ran for simular rates and suffered for it.

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Well if you work for celadon please post your 2k plus settlements.

9. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014

I don't even do otr. But since these guys are bashing celadon. Acting like they make 5k net... so im curious to know. I probably make as much them and im a local driver..

10. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Unfortunately, when the next recession hits, and it will. The freight rates will bottom and dry up, there will be to many orange trucks and 33-50% of the Schneider IC's will disappear. Don't get me wrong, the Schneider Choice program is by far the best, but it is a program designed for a bull market place. That bubble will burst and the OO dream will come crashing down on those who aren't plowing away the cash. So I just chuckle and smile to myself when I read the ####y attitudes of the choice folks. Things never remain the same. That system is designed to subject participants in the program to profound financial stress, in bad times. Went through 2 of them with Landstar Ranger. You have no idea how cheap rates can get.

11. Tkrazy

Tkrazy Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Celadon also offers % pay. Starts at 70%.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.