Cell phone

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by redimpss5, Aug 3, 2015.

1. redimpss5

redimpss5 Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    Hayward Ca.
    Ok, times change and so does technology...who has best coverage with the phones they have?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    When I was otr, Verizon wireless hands down has the best coverage in the lower 48. Excellent voice coverage and fast data speeds if you need that sort of thing.

Now that I drive just in Texas I use cricket, which is super cheap and runs off the att network. It works and my bill is just $67 all in, service, insurance and taxes.

unloader

4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Depends on what you need. Verizon has the best coverage by far but I use my phone for everything, surfing, netflix etc, so I need data and T-Mobile has truly unlimited so that's what I choose. I rarely have trouble making a call but data is usually only in cities. But coverage has gotten better since I've been with them. Usually I can find a 4G easily.

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Tmobile is expanding 4G pretty good. You have like 90% 4G (HSDPA/LTE) with Tmobile on I20 from Monahans, TX to Fort Worth, for example. While it did roam on AT&T for a bit, I had 4G almost the whole way from Flagstaff to Denver along US89/160/191 and I70.

6. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Had to leave this, very poignant ...

7. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Gonna give my t-mobile to my wife and take verizon from her hahaha :D

8. wtomsheck

wtomsheck Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2012
    I know at&t & Verizon are the best, however can anyone tell how well cricket is?? mostly is it better then t-mobile, metro pcs or sprint?? how about on the road is it good in most states??

9. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

Cricket is on the ATT network. Its not as fast and latancy is higher then ATT but overall a good budget choice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.