Central Freight Lines?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jasonstokley, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jasonstokley

Jasonstokley Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Anyone worked for Central Freight Lines in Dallas Tx.

I was curious on how freight was there, and if a driver starting out there would make a steady paycheck.

I currently work at foodservice company and was looking at getting into LTL.

Central Freight offered me a linehaul position just curious about the company and if its worth it. I will be giving up a $55,000 a year job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    stick to the evil you know.. Why the change may I ask?

4. Jasonstokley

Sep 15, 2012
    10+ years of using a ramp to deliver groceries is taking a toll on the body.

Big Don Thanks this.
  5. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    I just interviewed for a line haul position in Fresno, CA. The run is down to Mira Loma and back Sun-Thurs. Starting pay is .39 a mile which is low. However due to my experience he is trying to get me .42. After 1 year the pay goes up to .45. They do pay for any wait time and other non driving duties. Owned by Swift I believe.

6. Jasonstokley

Sep 15, 2012
    Sounds like what the guy told me when i interviewed. I start orientation the 10th i was just trying to see if anyone in here had worked for the company.

I know back about 10-15 years ago Central Freight was pne of the largest LTL carriers.

7. Jasonstokley

Sep 15, 2012
    Good luck to you driver hope it works out for you. I will be running out of Dallas tx.

8. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Orientation? My manager said we will go over paperwork and the next night I run. Start the 23 of this month. How do you like it so far?

9. Jasonstokley

Sep 15, 2012
    Yea i had to complete a 3 day orientation class in Ft worth. Tonight is my first run.

10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I think you guys are getting this mixed up with central refrigerated they are owned by swift. Central Freight Lines I believe are the Yellow or Green trucks. Actually Central Transportation is yellow trucks and Central Freight lines is Green both are LTL. There's a big thread on here about CT and I know nothing about the other. Sounds like a LTL gig though.

11. AshleyJ

AshleyJ Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I just got offered a job at central freight in Dallas. I start in a few weeks. According to the manager I'm going to be switching trailers for 8 hours and I won't touch the dock. We will see how true that is...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.