Central NJ/Asbury Park day cab opportunities?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by DocWatson, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Figure I would give it a shot here and see if any of you drivers have some info. I'm about to make the transition from OTR to day driver. I want to be home every night and off a couple of days a week.

Can anyone recommend a great company to check into in the Central NJ or Jersey Shore area that meets these requirements?

I'm moving to Asbury Park, NJ so the closer, the better. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Cowan is looking for local drivers out of Avenel, NJ.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  4. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Check Craigslist always a lot of opportunities on there.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  5. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Might see if Mr Springsteen needs any help

DocWatson Thanks this.
  6. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    There's a new guy on the forum called rock n roll relocater who used to drive tour buses for rock bands and such. That's a pretty sweet gig if you could get your hands on it. Maybe send that dude a pm.

mountaingote and DocWatson Thank this.
  7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    J.B. Hunt in East Brunswick is always hiring. They also have dedicated gigs out of E.B. and Cranbury. Probably alot more.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  8. 50TONRGN

50TONRGN Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2015
    N.J. (CENTRAL) 07067
    JP EXPRESS out of South Plainfield, if you don't mind working.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Try Pepsi, there in Asbury Park.

There ain't too many job opportunities where you live, especially one that allows you to be home every night. All the jobs are either north,west, or south of your location, along the turnpike, which is gonna be 1 hour or more commute for you. Best of luck.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  10. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    If you're willing to commute, besides the one's already mentioned, here's some other day cab jobs you might want to consider.
    Costco, Shaw Flooring, Kellogs in Cranbury, Pitt Ohio in Windsor, FedEx in Delanco, UPS Freight in Westhampton, USPS in Jersy City, Kearny, Trenton and Bellmawr, Mohawk Flooring in Moorestown, Nestle in Bordentown, Mclane, National DCP, Dean Foods in Burlington, Gold Medal Bakery in Newark, Grocery Haulers in Woodbridge, Coca Cola in Moorestown and N Brunswick, NFI in Burlington and Dayton, Con Way, YRC in Trenton, etc.....or check out job sites like indeed.com. Hope this helps.

bigtruckin89 and DocWatson Thank this.
  11. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be checking into each one of these. I applied this morning with a placement service called Hire Edge Logistics Services. There was one particular position I was interested in out of Plainfield but I'm not ready to actually move to Asbury yet. The position was delivering bread to grocery stores. Definitely not afraid of hard work and I welcome the chance to do more than just sit in the seat and drive for hours on end. I already do that so I'm looking for something more active. Just trying to set something up or at least have applications on file with companies for when I find an apartment there.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.