Central Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JudahMourn, Apr 27, 2016.

1. JudahMourn

JudahMourn Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Anyone familiar with this company? They have an opening for line haul,dedicated out of Phoenix. Wouldn't mine applying if it's still available when I move there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Uhh there not one of the better one's to work for.

JV_620, Tronell Trahan and JudahMourn Thank this.
  4. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Central lf this central with the yellow trucks. Low on pay side for LTL. Not bad to start at tho

JudahMourn Thanks this.
  5. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Phoenix is OK...Tucson OK

Decent equipment, plenty of work..The TM Cole is a complete tool idiot, but if you go linehaul you wont have to deal with him much...Pay is close to all the others here, they have 2 linehaul runs, a quick one which gets you about 4 hours on the dock, and a run to rialto ca, which leaves no room for dock...

Ins sucks, def get your own at united or somewhere..cheaper better

SoCalRed and JudahMourn Thank this.
  6. gp100

gp100 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Equipment is completely unsafe and worn out. Some of the trailers don't even have brakes. When you inform someone they just tell you "Yeah we have a few like that" Tractors are literally taped together, trailers are full of holes and should not even be on the road. You literally have to push on the doors with a forklift to get them shut, which is completely unsafe in itself. More than once I had to tie the doors shut because they wouldn't latch.
    God help you if they throw you on the dock. There is no heat and water freezes on the floor. Watch out if you don't want to slide through a dock door which has long been broken and will not shut. If you have no experience operating a forklift expect to be belittled and harassed instead of trained.
    A typical day includes driving a truck that probably will never make it over 50mph, sliding through a stop light or two because probably only one brake works on the whole rig, getting a ticket because the headlights flash on and off like a Christmas decoration, fighting the doors and landing gear for an hour or two, calling dispatch and being talked to like a 5 year old then finally getting back only to be written up for wearing the wrong color of pants.
    I couldn't even recommend this job to a newbie because a newbie wouldn't necessarily realize how dangerous of a situation he is in and end up ruining his whole career if not his life. The pay sounds good but it is set up so you're not getting paid between duties so expect about 75% of what they tell you. Hope this helps.

7. localyokal

localyokal Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Michigan
    I can't understand how anyone would choose to drive equipment like this. It sounds like they don't want to fix anything when it's reported. If I were anyone working for a company like this I will pull into the nearest scale and ask for an inspection. Explain your situation to the officer and I'm sure he will be happy to put that rig and trailer out of service.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. hammerstrap

hammerstrap Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I have noticed that Matty must have loosened the purse strings. New Peterbilts all over. I'm sure he must being getting ready to steal some freight.

Pintlehook and Mike2633 Thank this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    You're from Michigan I'm sure you have seen there wonderful fleet out on the road. They did this past year get a lot of new tractors, but there trailer fleet is still awful that is for sure. Lots of old PJax, Vitran and Quast equipment running around as far as trailers are concerned. There trucks were always dirty as well.

10. localyokal

localyokal Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Michigan
    When I drove LTL briefly I made a delivery to one of their yards on Jefferson Avenue in the parking lot looked like bombs had hit it. Backed up to the door went inside and they still use the old pull chain roll up doors. The dock plate didn't work I had to set the pallet on the end of the trailer for the fork truck to pull it off and the Ford truck that's a whole nother story. That thing looks like it was barely alive LOL

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. Jmans

Jmans Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I see ads on indeed pretty often. No first hand experience though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.