Ch Robinson load board

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wildcat74, May 23, 2011.

1. Wildcat74

Wildcat74 Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Is there any way to take a peak at it without sending them all your information first? Reason I ask is because with the kind of hauling I'm doing now I have a little different insurance than they require and before I go upping my limits and adding cargo insurance so that I can be accepted by chr I'd like to be able to see if I thought I could make enough money on there to justify a double in insurance cost while only running a handful of times every month. I know this is a stretch but if anyone who has been accepted through chr would be willing to allow me to check the board out using their info that would be amazing, I won't hold my breath on it but it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for any info in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    You are better off calling a couple of the offices near you and talking to an account manager. They can tell you what they have and what it is paying to see if you would be able to make it with them. They may even have a temp password so you can see the site.

4. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas
    Can I ask why CHR to begin with? I'm not trying to offend you but do they have something specific you're looking for? I personally don't like them... but that's me.

5. Wildcat74

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    As of right now I am just trying to appraise all of my options. They brag about the volume of freight they've got but there is no way to view any of it without being an accepted carrier for them already, which seems like a bit of a catch-22 to me.

As I've mentioned on other threads the end dump/construction biz has been super slow this year and I'm looking to take on some loads in the <500 mile range with my daycab and flatbed. Normally I would just get "accepted" by CHR but in construction I don't have to have the cargo insurance that they require and before I go and double the cost of my insurance by adding that I'd like to make sure it can be justified.

I know CHR has got an office in Sacramento, it seems like it could be a good fit. I've got no idea where else to look for loads at this point. I've been checking getloaded.com daily for stuff but there just isn't a lot of stuff that would get me out and then back again on there, and with a daycab I can't exactly be sitting and waiting out the loads.

6. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas
    Have you look at Internet Truckstop? I think they'll give you a free trial if you have a MC #.

7. Wildcat74

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Just checked them out, didn't even need to provide my mc#. There were a few more options there, enough so where between the 2 boards I could probably keep busy. Starting to feel a lot more confident about all of this.

8. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    FWIW, I just looked at CHR's board-they have one (flatbed) load within 100 miles of you for this week, and it's going to WY. They have about five more within 200 miles, and the closest one is going 750 miles to UT, then a couple going to WA.

9. Wildcat74

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Wow, so much for the volume then, at least near me. I guess I'll be sticking to the load boards.

10. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    When you get to working with them they will often call you with load offers or you will call them.... not everything is on the load boards. This is still a people to people business....

I used to absolutely hate CHR... hauled for them in the 70's. But now I do haul a lot of their freight and most pays pretty good.

11. nirvan5a

nirvan5a Bobtail Member

May 4, 2011
    they just removed "product" column. So now, gotta call to know what im hauling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.