Changes to QC logging parameters

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Vilhiem, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    These changes, to my knowledge, apply only to SNI drivers.

I found out this tidbit today from a QC message sent out by my dbl.

Just in case you didn't know, haven't gotten the message yet or for whatever reason; our logging parameters have changed.

- rolling 125 feet will now log you as driving or on duty and your clock will begin.
    (Used to be 1 mile)

-if your clock begins in this manner and you didn't log a pretrip (some of us are forgetful), then try to add it in at the end of the day, it will show in your logs as a grey color. This tells everyone, SNI, dot, ect, that your time started and you didn't properly log your pretrip.

-repeated violations (unclear if it's just missing the pretrip on your log, or if you edit too much like above) will result in a CTE.

If anyone knows anything else or if you have questions, let me know and I'll try to find out if someone else doesn't have the answer.

(I legitimately do forget to flip myself on duty for my pretrip. So being able to edit my logs was a lifesaver. I'm not forgetting to do the pretrip, just the logs.)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Another way for SNI to MICROMANAGE us as if we're company drivers.

SNI is becoming so #### ridiculous it's amazing.

Why do they continue to always go above and beyond what DOT says drivers are required to do.

I wish DOT would mandate that all trucking company associates are required to log it as they do it not just the drivers.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Sounds like your editing days are over......!

scottied67 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  5. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    ...there's still a way to beat the system I suspect.

I'm both proud and hesitant to admit that finding flaws in a system is a specialty of mine.

Doesn't mean I abuse/use the flaws... But it's fun to know about stuff like that.

I'm just a couple months shy of a year experience...but this has really made me re-think sticking with SNI until my year is up.

Dot needs to mandate that companies do it as the book dictates, period. Not give carriers the ability to do it more strictly.

I get that folks abused it, I really do.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    When you edited in the past wasn't it noted that there was an edit ?

I guess it wasn't highlighted on the graph tho......

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    this will be the fate of all elogging programs mark my words. I remember way back when I took the Elog orientation class at Swift-- they tried to sell it as a mega time saver. That I was going t oget back so much time that I would actually be making more than I was on paper logs.

Don't care how much time I 'lose' on paper logs, I can always get it back. And the inconvenience of Elogs forcing a guy to stay parked say 14 hours (say had negative 4 hours on 14, must show driving 200 feet off the docks when empty and a new 10 hour break) and cannot drive 7 miles to the truck stop for a shower and hot meal til the new 10 is up.

Other times you know the truck stop will be full at 2100 so you stop short a couple miles at the freeway onramp for a 5 hour nap and roll on into the truck stop at 0215 knowing some drivers are rousting up and going to work thereby opening up good parking spots to finish your 10. Can't do that any more.

8. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Maybe SNI could see there was an edit made after we approved them. ...the difference is that the dot couldn't see the edit.

Prior to approving your logs though no. My dbl has called me once when I took a 30 and didn't go back on duty prior to unloading. I changed and edited them to be correct prior to her call, she still couldn't see it a good 15 minutes after the edit was made.

Anytime I hear someone is running paper logs I make note of their company for later use... After I ask if they'll trade with me for "easier logging."

So far all they do is laugh...haven't had one taker yet.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    On mine it would show a capital E to denote edits.

Also if you went over the 11 or 14 for example it would not be highlighted on the graph but the timestamps would be accurate however most DOT would not see it like not seeing the forest because all the trees are in the way.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  10. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    I would prefer the E, ours doesn't show a darn thing.

11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    ....redacted....

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.