Changing colors...

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Little Eddy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Wow...and you can't drop your trailer in the West Memphis OC to make a quick run to Walmart with your bobtail. Tried that and got called on the carpet for it. Going to have to drag the trailer with you. Glad I took my truck and left Choice 3 weeks ago.

TennMan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I would tell them, "Tell ya what, hoss. Pay me the bonus you owe me, and call me back. I feel uncomfortable working for people who can't keep their word nor meet their financial obligations. I'm funny that way."

Balls as big as shot puts, and the sense of a teenage boy trying to get some leg........shameful.

mickimause and Little Eddy Thank this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You know, what annoys me the most, is they don't have the nurts to say, "no more company car for IC's".......simple as that. The have to cloud it in some sort of "insurance and regulatory" BS that is exactly that. Most of you should already know this, but we have OUR OWN FRIGGN INSURANCE!!! And, there is NOT A GD WORD IN THE FMCRSARQLPDERF that says a dang thing about company cars!!!

Geeze people, grow a sack. Hey, here's another idea, get rid of the company car all together.
    As for me, I have never used the company car as an IC. The one time I did use it when I was a company driver, it was too nasty for me to ever want to get in again.
    I do not care to use your showers or facilities. I will happily find my own shower on my own steam, and if I'm in your yard, I will free to piss on your yard like I do everywhere else. No big deal.

Man, it's gonna be an interesting year

48Packard, TennMan and Little Eddy Thank this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    They are trying to cover their collective rectum by trying to keep a class action suit from happening because of the FINE line they walk with us between COMPANY driver and IC. So they take away the car next will be showers or anything else that's a COMPANY driver perk and think that's what differentiates COMPANY from IC.

It's all good though I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

And you're right dip SNI is self insured and there's absolutely nothing about a company car in FMCSA regulations. Maybe they'll make company drivers log the use as on duty driving to cover their butts.....lol

6. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Less so for me, but I do feel your sense of frustration. I know that unless Lofgren has his cranial rectal inversion reversed the Pumpkin is only going to wander deeper down that dark ally of failed giants like: Woolworth's, Sharper Image, and Pan Am. Managements trend toward myopic planing and bean counter retentiveness is going to drive more and more of us away toward better situations that involve much less stress and much less frustration. But hey, what do I know compared to a genius like Lofgren.

PoleCrusher, 91B20H8 and TennMan Thank this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Like I said, man, I'm fine with all of it. All I require from Schneider is access to their load board and a check.....that's it. Honestly. My feelings aren't hurt a bit; I honestly don't care. The only thing I object to is when folks pee on my shoe and tell me it's raining outside. Man, I'm a big boy (and getting bigger, LOL), but look I can take it.

mickimause, RootHog, 91B20H8 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I disagree on one fine point, Eddy......I see it as more "reactive" management rather than myopic. These guys are in the middle of a full blown freak out because of the rates......like it's never happened before. This isn't management. Management is doing the best you can with the cards you have been dealt and showing leadership and confidence in yourself, your company and your people.

PoleCrusher and Little Eddy Thank this.
  9. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Yes, you are right. They show much more re-action than pro-action.
    Of course they get that from the regulators as well so the echo chamber is one of: smell smoke, do nothing; see flames, point finger and lay blame while doing little; once fire is a full on conflagration try to suppress with a wild and disproportional effort while spending an equal amount of time assessing blame (it's never their fault...it has to be one of "them", ie the other guys); once fire has destroyed everything pass excessive and draconian rules or practices that dictate total fire retardation. Of course the alternative is fire prevention and a rapid and appropriate response but who wants to sit on that committee?
    Seven generations will always have peaks and valleys, but the plan is for an outcome seven generations down the road.
    Word is they down sized in California because they didn't want to operate within the rules dictated by the state. Regardless of what one might think of the state or it's agenda it is the largest economy in the US and 10th largest world wide. Sometimes you suck it up to allow yourself the opportunity to succeed. Now that they have downsized I wonder if those carriers who are pounding the streets of LA and SF will cut Schneider some slack and help them pick up a few loads?

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Thats kinda what I see, SNI uses in state contract carriers to get the freight to the border OR use rail as much as ppossible to get it out of state.

Little Eddy Thanks this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I have always said, Schneider management was a circular firing squad.......there is never anyone who will take the blame nor offer suggestions for a fix. I've always wondered what kind of living hell it is to know that tomorrow you might walk into work and find that your best cubicle buddy next door threw you under the bus before you got there. That's why I always try to be kind. Look, there's a reason why they can't keep help.

It's sad, frankly. Schneider is populated by a whole bunch of really good, caring people, (as the folks in Wisconsin are wont to be). But the greed heads and the morons who shouldn't be where they are, make life miserable for them. Honestly, I really feel sorry for them. Me? Hell, all I gotta do is drive a truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.