Changing colors...

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Little Eddy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    What are the changes?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    When it gets that far...I'm popping smoke!!!

PoleCrusher and TennMan Thank this.
  4. rickybobby

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Funny thing they never sent out a message a about company car. The only time I use it, when I'm in Carlisle. Oh well drop trl at truck stop and BT too Walmart.

TennMan Thanks this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    They'll send out a qualcomm msg about trying to win a 25 dollar gift card but not a msg about changes to IC use of car or not being able to remove loads or even that we're at the mercy of the box planners after our last assigned load.

Then again that'd be to convenient.

Home_on_wheels Thanks this.
  6. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    I'm not too concerned with the Fontana yard closing. Kind of seen that coming, and I kind of see where they are going with that. Part of the reason I was comfortable with banning myself from California and getting a glider. Still running freight out of California, just picking it up outside the border now, LOL.

Lots of companies (not trucking) are shifting out of California. Look at us now, running TSC freight all over California from Casa Grande. I think Schneider has had this in the works for quite some time. Not sure when the Phoenix terminal will be built, but that plan is there, and the Vegas drop lot is now in place. Wouldn't be surprised to see additional drop lots set up in Arizona not too far down the road. Reefer companies been doing this for a while now, and it has worked out well.

It's all the other moves Schneider is making that concerns me. All this talk of staff reduction is showing it's ugly head. Load information is regularly messed up. Then, getting any sort of support to get the problem fixed is like pulling teeth. Kicking IC's off of dedicated routes. For the most part, Schneider's facilities seem to continually degrade, with no sign of improvement. So many problems that just smell like financial instability.

All that aside, as long as the checks keep clearing, and I see no sure thing in regards to better rates elsewhere, I'll just keep pulling the orange trailers for now.

TennMan Thanks this.
  7. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Idk yet. If I did, you would know.

8. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Where did you go?

9. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Tried going down to Walmart. Under load, could not drop trailer and log line 5. Regulatory/logs got after me.

10. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    No you said you left Choice. I was curious what company you went to.

11. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Fremont Contract Carriers (FCC) out of Fremont, Nebraska. Back to a dispatch system on a sliding pay scale. First week miles were impressive with pay reflecting the miles. Will see but 2 friends of mine have been here for 2 years and have been doing very well. Home now after 5.5 weeks out between SNI run time, moving carriers and running for new carrier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.