Check....check....check 123....check

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by DeadArmadillo, Oct 21, 2016.

1. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    OK, now that my mike is working....given that flat bed does a 50 mile load check and then, I think, every 150 mile load check, how does a "glass-hole" check the load, or are they required to do it.....the tarping is very different. Even the type of trailer, step with the stringing tarp or the roll back tarp.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I have not done glass so could be wrong but my guess is that load checks happen at the same intervals with glass loads as flatbed.

4. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Correct, glass haulers must check their load just like a flatbedder. The product doesn't matter, as they are all considered 'driver secured' open loads and need to be checked.

DeadArmadillo Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    The regular flat and step are easier to check, you can feel or lift the tarp from the bottom if it isn't that tight.

The double drop are harder with the main tarp on top and side tarp covering the bottom. You can push on the tarp to feel the strap but sometimes the tarp is too tight to even feel it, well then might have to undo the bottom rope and grab a flashlight.

Roll tarps....well as easy as opening a door...

Rarely have I need to re tight the straps, glass is not suppose to be as tight as lumber and it may feel uncomfortable at first to not tighten down as much

DeadArmadillo Thanks this.
  6. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks, w.h.o., for that detailed explanation. Just trying to get every piece of info so I can be ahead of the game and feel more at ease when the time comes....(very soon).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.