Chizek Transport, Inc. - Newton, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DigiTrucker, Jun 9, 2006.

1. incognito

incognito Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah, I got a couple things going on with the labor dept over Chizek, So they should be familiar with the name.
    Also I met a Chizek driver the other night that said they are deducting $75.00 a week from this pay for two tow jobs he needed and they reduced his pay from .38 cpm to .32 cpm cause he got an out of service violation.
    I ave him the Labor dept phone number and compliant form.
    Yeah... they know Chizek.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    No question about it,do your homework,try to get a copy of that invoice at that ta,have them fax your receipt that you filled out before putting it in the shop and the work invoice with all the charges on it,go to the labor board first,if that doesn't work take them to court..Maybe a lawyer will take it for free for defamation of character on your behalf,as it wasn't your fault or bill. That is better than small claims court as they may try to mark your dac bad.

4. fef1004

fef1004 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2007
    Upper Michigan
    It's not just repair bills, stealing pay from checks or milage! I wrota a post some time ago on them taking 75 bucks out of my pay for leaving gas cap off to end of driveway. That calculates to more then what we pay for fuel now at the pump. Not long after that I got a hernia picking up the ice machine they deliver.....no workmans comp. Two weeks after I was going in to have surgery, I had to have quad bypass surgery before I could have umbilical hernia surgery. Needless to say they canceled my health insurance, (company owned/funded). So they wouldnt pay 85000.00 worth of bills. Contacted their insurance management company (cypress),and they've changed over as of April 08.I contact thier new management company (WPS) and they told me to pay for cobra insurance thru Chizek's, which I did....475.00 per month, which goes into Chizeks own account. Guess what, they've still not paid a penny after taken my money since Jan. 08. Needless to say I have a lawyer working on it. But to all you people who is paying into their insurance for protection for you and your family's.....good luck! Better find your own insurance. Oh, and if you happen to leave your personal belongings, CB;antenna's,sleeping bags, fridge etc. It won't be there when you go back to get them, and they dont care and won' cover it! Chezik's steal from you any and every way they can. So driver Beware!!!

5. Fourtytonz

Fourtytonz Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I work for them now but will be moving on, Whatever pay you hire on at you will not get the promised pay increase without a fight, you will be nickle and dimed to death, THIS IS A BAD COMPANY.....
    And no... even if you intentionaly drive the truck into a ditch.... According to the DWD (Dept of Workforce Development) You do not have to pay nor can they deduct money from your paycheck **** Unless you are dumb enough to sign a statment admitting fault.***** don't be dumb, Don't ever sign anything at this company.
    They will put lies on your DAC, its the only way they can keep drivers.
    Do not Work for this Company.... You have been warned!!!!

6. Fourtytonz

Fourtytonz Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Just Thought you all might want to know the Wisconsin Law:

Deductions from Wages for Faulty Workmanship,
    Loss, Theft or Damage
    Section 103.455 Wisconsin Statutes​
    2003-04 Statutes updated through February 1, 2005
    103.455 Deductions for faulty workmanship, loss, theft or damage. ​
    No employer may make any
    deduction from the wages due or earned by any employee, who is not an independent contractor, for
    defective or faulty workmanship, lost or stolen property or damage to property, unless the employee
    authorizes the employer in writing to make that deduction or unless the employer and a
    representative designated by the employee determine that the defective or faulty workmanship, loss,
    theft or damage is due to the employee's negligence, carelessness, or willful and intentional conduct,
    or unless the employee is found guilty or held liable in a court of competent jurisdiction by reason of
    that negligence, carelessness, or willful and intentional conduct. If any deduction is made or credit
    taken by any employer that is not in accordance with this section, the employer shall be liable for
    twice the amount of the deduction or credit taken in a civil action brought by the employee. Any
    agreement entered into between an employer and employee that is contrary to this section shall be
    void. In case of a disagreement between the 2 parties, the department shall be the 3rd determining
    party, subject to any appeal to the court. Section 111.322 (2m) applies to discharge and other
    discriminatory acts arising in connection with any proceeding to recover a deduction under this

section.

7. DigiTrucker

DigiTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2006
    West-By-God-Virginia
    I recently heard through the grapevine that said dispatcher is now safety director of Chizek.

Somehow I find myself thinking of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." Could it finally be that the inmates are running the asylum?

I just love the new reality of trucking!

8. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    So now i know , hum , when i was driving for them back in o6 last job driving , yup they told me too hit the dirt after year of faithful year and half of driving for em, my clucth went out while down south, they came with anthor truck-driver too pick me up , but i been telling them for last 7 months its was gonna out , they just said keep running it , so i did, i was never charge for tow and ive been towed several times before this no charge too me, for differnt things, i even ding the side flairing a little again no charge , but this was under the old owner , is Tom Whopet still there , he seem pretty fair and gave me 38 cents were no other company would,:biggrin_2556:and hows the breakroom or would be lounge ####### still full of empty paper rolls en looks like a city dump and i cant belive they put the sewer tank in almost front of the door so you get that wonderful wis smell of cheese when the breeze is just right thru the door,ive seen were they stored drivers stuff above the shop breakroom in plain site no lockup ,no fence ect , is ot room still in the basment over the main terminal, :biggrin_2556:hey when i went thru you got free coffee and doughnuts what a lunch:biggrin_2559:they still using the key system on fuel island , and im kinda curuios as how they knew you your fuel cap off and charge for it, ive seen so many drivers drive off and leave a trail, mayby that how, but i find it hard too prove it was you, mine was freightshaker with lids on the flaring, so i know they couldnt see the fuel cap was on or off,:biggrin_2556:Everett.

9. alfco50

alfco50 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2011
    anderson in.
    :biggrin_25510: BEWARE, Taking chizek to court in MANAWAH county isnt smart as i found out, pull the records up since 1993 and mike chizekhas won over 200+ times in his backyard, he OWNS the 3 judges ,prob put their kids through college, ever wonder why the scales on I-43 are never open justsouthof his acess road from his yard? A change of VENUE is expensive to get him out of his backyard to have a fighting chance for JUSTICE, HE has lawers that know just how far they can go, EXAMPLE- to draw UNEMPLOYMENT you dont have to acept a 25&#37; pay cut, so he will cut you from .38 to .32 per mile off your pay for a while .06 is just less than 25% so when you get mad and Quit,YOURE SCREWED, The judges wont cosider anything admissable in court but CHIZEK paid <EXPERTS> and will throw out police+fire dept reports to the contrary, In his balpark you will have your ### handed to you on a PAID for PLATTER, Dont learn the hard way as i did,<JUST SAY NO> and find a realjob
    ITS unreal what connected rich people get away with.:biggrin_25526:

10. fef1004

fef1004 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2007
    Upper Michigan
    After working for Chizeks, and AM express in Escanaba Mi where I was screwed out of money and my time because of dispatches on Quallcom. I started taking pictures of dispatches with my digital camera to have prove and a record to show authorities if I needed them, or just to show how they lie to the drivers, they do forget or some are just brain dead. With a pic of the dispatch to prove your point ,it's kind of hard to dispute it to the courts. Any half way decent digital camera works fine, or even most cell phones. Makes it easy to down load to computer for hard copy, plus it has date and time stamp.

11. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

Dude! A half brain dead lawyer can subpena the records from Qualcomm as you'll need a lawyer anyway to beat this guy from the sound of it!

I know you've heard the rumor that the company or dispatcher can delete the messages off their company servers BUT Qualcomm has their own servers and they keep everything that goes through them for long enough that you'll have your proof the legal way. Any lawyer just out of school can claim that those pictures you have are "shopped" and that's as far as that argument will go in court until your lawyer either gets the records from QC or has your camera and picture sent to a computer forensics expert to quash that "shopped" dispute!

A lot of you don't know this but there IS a port to hook the QC to a computer or a printer. You'll play hello getting your company to give you any means to use it or to get the software to use the port so forget it! UNLESS you own the unit then you'll have everything you need.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.