Choice program for tanker

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by realsupatrucka, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Only toll Sni doesn't pay (in my experience so far) is the Florida turnpike. For both company and IC. They definitely pay all tolls for Indiana/Ohio/PA, I-90, everything else on east coast, and while trucks don't come with the pikepass for 44, they'll get one for ya if you ask.

Asphalt Anarchy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Snbc always had a policy sof to speak that the tankers always went across the the Indiana & Ohio toll roads because they wanted the hazmat tankers to stay on the big roads...that is what they stated when I worked on the tanker side..

4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I asked the guy 3 times, he was an IC not company. He said SNI doesn't pay their tolls.

5. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Just confirmed. In the Tanker Choice contract tolls come out of your settlement if you cross a toll booth with ezpass or whatever. However, I was told the current policy is to just let it slide. So, expect to pay tolls but maybe no so much in the beginning.

Training is 3 days for ppl currently running Schneider Bulk or Bulk IC. That starts on Nov. 07 and Nov. 17. For non-bulk company drivers and outsiders the training is 12 days and starts sometime after Thanksgiving. All in Houston.

I guess I'll be in the second group since I've been out of bulk for over a year.

Gonna' have to work on SFI tonight and try to see what the details are on the trucks.

Just know they're calculating 2400mi to break even with $1200 in fixed costs. 2400mi is a couple hundred higher than what I calculated but my fixed costs were dead on. Based on what I was told when researching Van Choice.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    2400 miles to break even?

sealevel Thanks this.
  7. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    If sni is stating 2400 miles break even costs it sounds like alot of unpaid deadhead miles. Which makes sense as to why sni has had such a hard time figuring out how to make choice bulk viable. At 2400 miles break even it sounds like there is still some work to do.

blade Thanks this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    You think van trailer searches suck, wait until you have to do it with tanks . Clean or not clean , 3 compartment etc....

Lots of lost time hauling chemicals , 2400 miles a week to break even is going to be hard to pull off right now....tank rates are in the crapper like everything else.

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    2400 miles to break even for $1200? If true, that sounds like something to stay away from. That's 50cpm once they figure in deadhead? What are you going to make once that's done? Even if you manage 3400 mi a week, that's only $500 to you...

Am I missing something?

Oh wait, fuel. At 7mpg if fuel cost is $3/g which is crazy high right now, that's $1k in fuel a week. So that's 2400 mi to make $2200. That's still less than $1 per mile. Still doesn't sound good.

Ok, I'm not an IC, what am I getting wrong here?

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    As l9ng as you stay not an IC your not getting anything wrong. Lol

Sounds as if it's a terrible deal. 2400 miles break even point even with beer glasses I can see that don't add up

gentleroger, Thull, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You buy me the beer and I'll show you how to do the math. A hint it involves proper "hopping".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.