Class action lawsuit with CRST

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by traffic-jam-dan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Uh hello! It's about peoples health and screwing a company who has been screwing their drivers/employees. Who cares if the lawyer gets the money as long as CRST has to fork it over. With that being said, I worked out of the Fontana terminal running a dedicated account and loved working for them. I don't feel sick now but I might later. I know they sure treated us dedicated drivers a whole lot better than the OTR drivers, which I thought sucked. I felt really bad for all those grads who were waiting for trainers and then had to wait for co drivers. If it sounds to good to be true, it is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    ..:newb:..

4. borntobeadriver

borntobeadriver Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Brick nj
    \\

I will say some do. but I am an o/o and me and my student spend 2 days backing in cr terminal before I even TAKE a load, and if we have time, i spend my money and fuel and me and the student will driver around cr/ iowa city to practice before we get under a load, u seem like a very smart and reasonable women, all o/o are not bad trainers. Only the oneds who put money over safety and I and a group of friends who are o/o have all adopted this system for the benefit of the students not our wallets...

5. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I don't get it??? Born shows 1 year experience and he's TRAINING? WTHello? Heck, he can barely turn the key and he's a trainer? Are these morons in these BFIs complete idiots? What if his "student" who is drinking in all this experience has a wreck, kills someone or the whole family and gets sued? That is one circus I want to be sitting in to see how that turns out!

1 year+- experience and he's a trainer? :biggrin_25523:

How much is the gross pay?
    Your regular ?
    The training?

6. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    What about the toxic parking lot dust? I believe we have what is called mission creep here. Lets get back onto the original subject! Uh...what was it now?

7. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    And he's an O/O, too.:biggrin_25514:

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

I dunno why, but for some reason the figure $80,000 keeps going through my mind......

9. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX

LOL I have probably drove father in reverse, then he has going forward LOL..

10. borntobeadriver

borntobeadriver Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Brick nj
    I have been around these trucks all my life, i come from a long line of drivers, and i have driven local from the age of 18 - 21 than I came out here, just because I have a yr otr does not mean I am not able to be a very good trainer... Money has nothing to do with why I decide to teach people how to drive. I have never had an accident or incident and ALL my students have passed all there road tests and have been accident free, As far as me being an o/o what you upset that a young driver decided to make the move early? Not get screwed by huge companies for fifteen yrs of my career before i decided oh this company thing isnt for me, my resume for my experience may not be as long as yours, but i take my job very seriously and I love what I do, and I put the time in with my students regardless of the bottom line of how much money I make... And you can hate and make your comments, but you know what I own my own house, have two kids and a wife, and I am very "comfortable" So in my case I can have my cake and eat too, HTTR

11. workinman1962

workinman1962 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2010
    fl
    Born if you don't have your own authority and get and bill your own loads you ARE getting screwed...you just don't know it yet due to your lack of experience. :biggrin_2554:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.