Cobra 29 LX LE

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Jolsen, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    Yeah I played in the pits in MN for a day. No clue where all I was going I played fallow the leader lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cessna150driver

cessna150driver Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2010
    there is a better review on cb radio mag

4. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

The difference between this one and Dougs is that dougs shows what you will see with the radio when you also add the clip and snip that you see from the hacks out there.

Performance wise, this radio is no better then your common cobra 29.

I don't know if I were ever to spend the extra for this radio. There are just some features on it that I would not want to pay the extra for.

The good thing is that, add an RFX 75 to it and it will be a great performing rig, just like its older brother the LTD Classic.

I don't see the need to the Freq counter though, unless it had sideband. Maybe that will be an option in the future.

5. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    Well I only paid $125 for mine from AL at Sparkies.

6. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

That is what Doug is selling them for also. If you are going to spend the extra for it then I would have spent a little more and had the stealth(Doug was the originator) mods done to it also atleast.

7. justingoad

justingoad Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2010
    i just got one a few days ago had the guys at cb radio store in fontana do the work dead key 15 watt swing to 100 watt. upon testing was able to talk to them in fontana from ashley warehouse in colton. using their "big al" antennas and shure mic. has been a decent radio thus far only problem is when that much power is running through it you get a antenna warning everytime you key the mic. make sure your antenna system is good before doing this kind of upgrade cause your warning no longer works.

8. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

What did they do to it? No way to get 100 watt swing without changing the final section out for an rfx 75. I get no warning lights on my hopped up cobra 29 (samething except for the front plate).

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  9. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    Screw an rfx-75 mod. I rather run an amp for power and not take as much risk of burning up my radio

10. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

The RFX will not burn up your radio.

Anyway, they had the new cobras in the local Stamart for 139.99 but they had LTD classics for 100 bucks. Once the newness wears off this new radio and the price comes down then I might pick one up just for kicks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.