Cobra 29 LX LE

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Jolsen, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    this is a limited edition so they might not be around long enough for the price to drop. Also any mods to a radio I am sure has a chance to shorten the life of the radio.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    i just got a simple tune on mine....its working great, but yeah if i were to have extensive mods done, this is not the radio I would personally choose. If something breaks, there may not be a replacement part in a few years and your LXLE is now a decoration that does not even light up lol. I know these innards are standard cobra 29 material, but there is a lot of software inside now that is still in its infancy in the cb realm.

4. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

The whole board is just your regular cobra 29 with a fancy face on the front. Any mods to the radio will not effect the digital face .

5. Flying Dutchman

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    The same way that big RF power has never messed with newer vehicle computers, etc? I still have my reservations about the software in the radio and I am still wondering if a hot tune and/or a big amp(s) behind it would mess with the face.

6. chaindrive

chaindrive Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Shenandoah, IA.
    I just had mine peaked with the mossfet finals, and now when I do the "radio check", it shows "fail" on the watt test!! No other changes that I've found. Poeple say it sounds real good.

7. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    putting out to much power for fcc regs. ? just a guess.

8. Flying Dutchman

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    that or it has a low deadkey

9. hailstone

hailstone Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    sonora ca
    What tech did you use?

10. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    I got mine from sparkys and I am loving it. Hitting about 22 watts on my meter. Running it with my Astatic liner loaded 1k antenna and my sky thumper mic. Have had nothing but complements on the thing. Well other then when I hooked up the free echo mic that sparky tossed in with it. Then no one answered. Tried my astatic but went back to my sky thumper. Guess its like an old lazy-boy you just like to use what your comfortable with.

11. Flying Dutchman

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    ROLLINGRADIOS out of Richmond, VA....use him for all my stuff, never disappointing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.