Cobra Electronics 7700 PRO GPS

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Brian at Cobra, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Brian, I will be maintaining a note book just for the Cobra. The address in Port Allen is gone. My Qualcom has it's own issues. I have to erase any messages that are stored to look at the new ones.

I really appreciate your time and efforts. That is one reason the Cobra is still in my truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freudian Trucker

Freudian Trucker Bobtail Member

May 24, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Okay, next question.

If I bring up and use a POI and stop along the way and shut off the gps. It wll not remember where I was going in the "recently found" area. I have to go back to POI and look it up again. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Brian at Cobra

Brian at Cobra Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Per our engineers the next software version should be significantly better. It will be released in the next week or two. When it is released it will be available to download from <HERE>.

Brian

Freudian Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Brian at Cobra

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Please try resuming the trip as follows:

1. On the map screen, tap on the black bar at the top of the screen.
    2. Tap on the road icon.
    3. Tap on LAST ROUTE.
    Brian

Kimono_skunk and Freudian Trucker Thank this.
  6. eumel789

eumel789 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2010
    Does this wonder thingy have "lane change" announcements?

7. Brian at Cobra

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Sorry but no, it does not. However later in the year we will be adding lane assist as part of a major software upgrade.

Brian

8. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    OK got in from the road yesterday.

I went from the Pilot in Dickson TN. I entered 220 Hwy 125S in Middleton TN. BB took me to another empty field. AFAIK she took me to 220HWY 125S in Bolivar. I was way North of Middleton.

Next I delivered to Pep Boys DC in McDonough GA.
    55 Liberty Industrial Parkway to 190 Greenwood Drive McDonough GA.

When I pulled out to the road that went to I-75 BB told me to go right, QT convience store on the corner. It took me on a round about way to finally get to the Home Depot DC. When I pulled out I was headed to the Petro off I-285W. BB had me go out of the entrance to the left. I had come in from the other side. I looked and there was a no trucks sign the way I had come from! (It was rather residential looking.) I went a short ways and took a right........there was the QT I had taken a right at in front of Pep Boys!

Going to the McKesson Corp in Duluth GA on another trip. It kept giving me "route calculation failure check truck restrictions" wouldn't take me there at all. It would take me to Evergreen Blvd. Not the same street. I found I have to store a different type truck to get to some places. I make myself a 2 axel 26K truck 13'6" high.

Brundidge AL looking for a Walmart DC. The street didn't come up in the street names. 1006 Sara C Lotte Blvd. I could see the sign at the interesection with US231.

Shaw Industries Plant #82 2274 Hwy 76 Chatsworth GA BB took me to the West Side of town when I needed to go East another 1-3 miles.

Sometimes the street list won't let you have a NW or W or E when it is on the address I get from the company. These places aren't new they have been there for years.

9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Also another Walmart DC would not come up at all. Hope Mills NC the street didn't show on the street list. I couldn't even put Main St. in because of truck restrictions. It was like Hope Mills didn't exist. IIRC I tried about every street that I could find on that list. It wasn't going to take me there.

Sorry I deleted the address for this one.

10. mcouncil

mcouncil Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    Chillicothe, MO
    OK, just got it yesterday! I notice in the Configuration screen there is an "Auto scale" icon but I haven't been able to find a description or determine what this does. Anybody know?

11. Brian at Cobra

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    It lets you adjust the default zoom level. When you turn on the unit, the map screen will default to whatever zoom level that you have chosen.

If you click the "Auto Zoom Next Turn" box, then the zoom level will automatically change to show the next turn on the route. If the next turn is not for 100 miles, then it will zoom out so that you can see it on the screen.

Brian

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.