Coke Cola - Hollywood, FL

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by ivanpersky, Oct 7, 2016.

1. ivanpersky

ivanpersky Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Please read attached file on treatment of drivers at this Coke Cola facility.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Grouch and DustyRoad Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    It's not uncommon that there's a notice that your vehicle and person are subject to search when entering places like this.

What is uncommon is that they do it.

Overall, I'm sorry you got treated like that. Anyone who drives a truck into Coke which isn't a company truck is seen as a second rate citizen. Sad but, generally, true.

On the plus side, she can't ever say she's not seen a full moon.

DustyRoad and ivanpersky Thank this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I booked a load to Coke once. Never again. Pepsi on the other side has always been good

Grouch and DustyRoad Thank this.
  5. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    Next time clean that :bootyshake: before showing it to a young lady

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  6. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Just my 2 cents, if the guard did state "GET YOUR AIDS DISEASE INFECTED ### BACK IN YOUR TRUCK AND FIND YOUR OWN WAY." the author should file a Federal Complaint, and may be able to file a complaint with the state. HIV is a protected class, end of story, doe snot matter if the author/driver is positive or not. I probably would not have mooned the Guard, if they are already acting like jerks, they probably do it all the time and because no one calls them on it, will continue. I would also contact Coca Cola in writing, letting them know what transpired, but I have a feeling because the author/driver mooned and law enforcement responded, Coca Cola won't do much. The author/driver should also call the local HIV Outreach Program in the area, let them know what was said, they won't care about the mooning, they will care about the comments and push Coca Cola to do something. Cooler heads always prevail.

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  7. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow, that's quite a story! Sorry to hear that happened to you. I don't know why, but south Florida seems to harbor some of the rudest, most ignorant people in the country. You'd think they'd be happy dealing with year-round sunshine.

Also, I'm SO glad you said you mooned her. That just made my week.

Anonymoususer and DustyRoad Thank this.
  8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Btw...
    Its coca cola

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  9. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    This State Licensed Security Officer would be required to file an incident report with a detailed account of the 5 W's, Who, What, Where, When and Why. The report would then be forwarded to the client ( Coca Cola Bottling in Pembroke Pines) and with the Company she worked for. Coca Cola only contracts only with State Licensed Security Companies.

The attitude problem is not singular to the Security Guard alone, she and the driver had the ability to de-escalate the incident . It is SOP for The Guard to do what Coca Cola requires when drivers enter or exit the facility. This is private property, they make the rules!

In most cases a S/O can only defend themselves as a citizen when confronted by a person who becomes unwilling, combative and aggressive using any form of Body Language. She was well in her right to call 911.

Certainly there must be personal reasons the driver wanted to play tough guy to a " rent-a-cop" who lacks the same authority as the Pembroke Pines PD or Broward County Sheriff's Office. But when the Cop showed up guess who they supported? The Security Guard's duty to act is based on one factor. Public Safety. The Police officer's Duty to act as a response to the proactive observations of the guard hired to Observe, Detect, Deter and Report.

In this case the driver should have been forced to exit the property with the load and not allow back without an approval from Coca Cola and the broker. At that point, the driver or carrier would then be held accountable for botching a delivery and forced to make other arrangements.

There is no excuse for his behavior as a professional trucker. The S/O has to account for her actions to her supervisor. Did the Driver get the Name of the Security Officer, Company and Address,phone # and name of supervisor to file a complaint?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    jdchet, UsualSuspect and jbatmick Thank this.
  10. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Dusty road.totally agree. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Driver should have kept mouth shut and pants up and reported security's attitude to coca cola and her supervisor. Now if driver is convicted with indecent exposure, he will have to register as a sex offender.

11. ivanpersky

ivanpersky Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Please be patient with me as I am new to this board. I am trying to send you a message back

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.