Columbia Dash Switches

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by niemanntrucking, Oct 20, 2016.

1. niemanntrucking

niemanntrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Went trolling through the "search" bar and after 13 pages I still didn't find anything remotely close so we'll try here to see what we can come up with!

2006 Columbia dash switches are the worst in this truck. They're old and don't light up very well. It's new to me so I haven't had a lot of time in it but last night I couldn't find the engine brake switch to save my life if I had to. Is there an aftermarket replacement switch that drops right in, plugs right in, and actually illuminates?

a plan B was to get a toggle extension so it would be the long one on the dash that I could stumble across when needed but all I can find are chrome ones for these flat plastic things, do they make any other extensions for these?

Also looking to illuminate the 5th wheel slide, air suspension, and diff lock switches if possible too.

What has anyone else done to better illuminate these switches or this portion of the dash I'm open to anything!

Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ichudov

ichudov Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Berkeley, IL
    I heartily second this question, owning a 2009 Columbia.

4. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Are you sure you have your panel dimmer turned all the way up? Are they a different style than my 05? Make sure they're clean. Stoner's Invisible Glass on a paper towel will clean them up without removing the paint or decals.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.