Combined Transport apology...

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by mp4694330, Jul 22, 2015.

1. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland

What You think?

Lucar and Captain Canuck Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Sounds to me like maybe the guy is actually listening.

4. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    This guy just might be on to something.......

5. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I also watched the video on "company culture". Interesting.

6. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    The fact is that the level of "driver churn" that's been going on for so long is no longer sustainable. More old timers are retiring than there are new drivers coming in, and fewer new drivers are sticking with it past year one than ever before. The old company philosophy of "drivers are a dime a dozen" is finding a lot of carriers facing serious driver shortages and as a result some are unable to meet their commitment to their customers. I'm just speaking for myself, but I stopped chasing pennies a while back. Now, one of the things I do about halfway through a recruiter's spiel is hold up my hand, and say "Stop right there. I know you've got your presentation to give, but I'm going to save you the time by saying to you right this second, don't TELL me, SHOW me." A lot don't like that, but the ones that get it are usually the ones worth working for.

drvrtech77 and Vilhiem Thank this.
  7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    hes got a good point. A great point. But sadly he's drowned out by the likes of the scumbags in charge of Heartland, Werner, CRE and so many other larger carriers

drvrtech77, TB John and Vilhiem Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    It's kinda sad. SNI seems to think they listen to their drivers, I caught this in their orientation. The higher ups really do think that they listen.

When I talk to drivers I see on the road though, it's a completely different story.

Some people are delusional, some habitual liars, some just have no clue, some don't care and still others have no idea where to start.

I would love to hear from a driver with combined about how well this is working.

TB John Thanks this.
  9. kevinh855

kevinh855 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    I work with combined. I truly can say that they care. They have grown a lot in the last two years though, and as they grow they realize that they have. Changes to make to keep up with the industry. They are funny. They are not for the lazy, and they're pays not the highest but is well above industry average. The guy in the video is Tony. He is a bit different but I think he means well. He is a smart man when it comes to numbers, but that doesn't always work well for out here. But, he's willing to work to make it fit. He will take time out of his schedule to listen to you ##### if you need, just don't do it any other way but professionally. Otherwise,IDK. This abuse thing doesn't mean that you get the best of everything at combined, because I'm here to tell you, we don't. But they listen and do try to accommodate us drivers. They can't cut into profit though, that's a no brainer for anyone with sense. I have had customers apologize for cussing me because my dispatch called and told them we didn't have to put up with it.some agree some let us go. But the driver is the customer at combined. Payroll will call you and tell you they messed up and your getting an extra check, or dispatch will tell you to go home for the weekend cuz your close by and there's no load till Monday. I make well, but the bennies is the best. Insurance on day one, run your truck if you need to to stay cool, stay at the motel while your in the shop, and they pay up to $25 in meals. They try, they really do. I've been here 2years now and the two years before I had like 4 jobs. I don't like cheaters and liers so I quit often in this industry till I got here. Pros and cons are everywhere, but this works for me. They have no pet policy so bring your friend along, or your wife. No pet deposit either. Make $60,000 easy if you work hard. Take a salary position and be paid to sit. Heavy haul is available, talk you your dispacher rather than a message. Some of us are still paperlog, I'm on elog now though. Get a 2400 recruiting bonus for qualified drivers after only 30 days in lump sum. Refrigerators, 65 mph, and a maintenance program that's unreal..if you need it, and it helps the truck run and stay legal, no questions asked, get it fixed. I think it's a great place, and I'm an honory SOB. I like to run and I don't like no for an answer. I hate people accusing me of doing stuff wrong, and I love that they go to bat for us drivers. It puts the most amusing look on shippers faces, its funny as hell. If your like me, then its for you. I won't leave a name cuz I don't need a recruiting bonus, although the money sounds nice. I just won't all drivers to be treated right, and we could use good drivers. It's a fun environment when we can all grill at the truck stop and know each other by Nick name. I'm just a driver, promise. I'm being real with you, and hope that you find this useful. My biggest gripe here is on heavy haul your out six weeks. But that is minute when you get six days home. Great old school insurance and cheap. One week paid vac after a year, 2 after two and I forgot the rest of the vacation. Longevity bonuses, newer equip except we got some old trailers. But yeah, give them a call. Older drivers love it here because they know how the industry is. These guys are different, some of it bad but it doesn't outweigh the good, I promise.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  10. kevinh855

kevinh855 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Ohh, when I said we could use good drivers I was in no way implying we have krappy drivers. We have an awesome bunch. I just meant that I personally don't want to work with a guy that drives for the same company and can't get out and say hello. And about sometime, long as you put in for it two weeks ahead, I don't care if your 2100 miles away, they will tell dispaatch your not taking another load, and then turn around and either fly you home or get you a car. No krap driver I do it all the time, or I'll dead head 1100 miles sometimes. Home is of utmost importance to them. It's not all tootsie pops and roses over here so don't kid yourself. No company's perfect. But they are the closest I've found. You got lots of room to do as you please if your professional about it. If you get to orientation, tell Ronnie to cook you a Ribeye. No promises though

11. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Decent video. Guy seemed genuine. One thing that made me laugh was "healing process" lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.