Coming back to Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Wlfmn88, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Wlfmn88

Wlfmn88 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I am coming back to Knight Trans. Been out of the industry for awhile due to personal issues, but driving is not out of the blood. I drove for several companies before going to Knight. When I made the decision to go back to driving Knight was the only one I would go back to. They treated me fair before, I got 2k-2500 a week and rarely sat any length of time. I have spent the last couple days reading all the posts and have to say a lot of drivers had bad DMs. People it's trucking, if this job was easy everyone would want to do it. I am retired military also, believe it or not there ain't no difference lol. Hard work with little pay and very little gratitude. But one thing is different about Knight, if you are smart and provide solutions instead of problems while out on the road they do listen. DMs want to manage you not babysit you. I am thrilled to be coming back to Knight.

DRAGON64 and Bdbendel710 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
  4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Ok, Even this one made me chuckle. Why drivers can and do get bad DM's that is far from the issue at Knight. Not even the best DM can fix the issues currently going on there. Not to mention DM's have NO control over loads anymore, that's all on the load planners. The DM is a middle man that really cant do crap in the grand picture.

As for the miles, Ill be honest good luck, Knights problem right now is they are bleeding accounts. The attitude of this customer is more important then that one on top of not being able to service most of their own loads on-time leads to a company that cant promise crap. They just lost there main Anheuser account out of Fort Collins, CO. because somehow they managed to fail at drop and hook.

I wish you luck.

OverDrive Thanks this.
  5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    2000-2500/week is good? Hopefully that's home every weekend with a full 2 days off

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  6. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I've never driven for Knight, only Swift and I would like to get hired with them out of their Phoenix terminal. I don't have a TWIC card or hazmat though. Looking to do this in April when I get into town.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What about Kold Trans which is a division of Knight? Does it seem OK?

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I tried to get on with Knight before I even started in CDL... I went to the office in FL to talk to someone and liked what I saw. It was hard to get calls returned or advice about what to do next... I completed CDL School and still couldn't get a response. I wasn't even looking at other companies at the time... That was in FL so I though maybe they just weren't hiring for that state and just wasn't telling me...

So after CDL School, we then moved to NC, contacted the local office after we got settled in and again... Not returning calls etc. still wasn't looking into any other company... Ok, they just don't want a mature second career guy with clean records... No problem.

I looked around and found my current company... And you guessed it... The day after I started I finally got a call from them... And still get an email now and then...

Now I am thanking the Good Lord above that I dodged that bullet... Whew!!!

Grijon Thanks this.
  9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I'm seeing alot of Kold Trans pulling Knight tlrs as of late and vice vs, when I left Knight Kold Trans was not doing that well and was heavily relying on Knight for day to day.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    If you plan on going to work for the Phx Terminal Reefer or Trans you will get screwed, It is by far the biggest sewer pit of the entire company. This could also be why they moved Corp part of Knight to its own building 15 miles away from the terminal they also made a point to make sure there was NO truck parking to the corp offices. :eek:

Bumper and OverDrive Thank this.
  11. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I have a CDL issued out of PA, but I live overseas when I'm not driving, so Phoenix is just a jump off point for me to get hired on with a company, did it 4 times with Swift in the past, but am ready for a different company. I don't care what I pull, as long as I can get driving as soon as I get off the plane. Every day I'm not driving costs me a hotel room and rental car. I've never done reefer, but am not against going out a week or so with a trainer to learn it. Seems to have the longest length of haul these days or slow freight and a no growth economy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.