I was looking thru some threads and comments to this topic and have some ????????????'s
- If you are Company Driver (for example.. Swift, CR England, Schid, Warner, etc. ) do you have to pay for your own fuel if your check gets deposited to a fuel card.
- I'm assumming the Comm Data card is the same as the Fuel card. True or False.
Will be going thru training starting next Monday to get back my CDL. Had to surrender it because i stopped driving about 12 years ago. My career in the const. trade dried up.
- Checks that you have to call in for Auth. to cash. Do you still have to do this even if you signed up for DD.
I know all companies are different but some good insite would be great as a guideline.
Comm Data cards fuel etc
Page 1 of 2
The cost to change it when I moved to NV. Was alittle more than what I could afford and the reqirements to renew it at that time, and my career of 12 + years was going GREAT!!! So I continued doing it and it didn't require one. So I surrenderd it. BOY................was I wrong.
But here's the bright side of it:
- I got laid off in Sept. Filed for unemployment and got involved with a Job Connect program that is funded thru the State.
- They told me that my current industry is a dead stick. So I told them that I had previous Driving with a CDL A with HAZ MAT.
- Took the Drug Test, USDOT Physical for 2 years, 10year driving background check. All Passed with flying colors.
- Enrolled in a local Privete school That I start Monday Nov. 24th
- CDL class A Temp and Reg. Endorsments. with fuel vouchers to go to class.
Since Iv'e been on this Truckers web site, I have learned alot. Researched alot. I'm thankful for this web site and for the people that have responded to my threads.
In closing I would like to say good luck to all new Truck Drivers out there:
- Use common sence...........Be safe.......Don't get stuck on stupid.
- Enjoy doing what you love to do.
- Make it not just and adventure.....but an experience of a lifetime, AND GET......................PAID!!!!
talk to you all soon.
In regards to the ComData card and your pay, I've worked for companies that did it different ways.
Some companies never put your payroll on your card and would only direct deposit it (BMT and CFI, now Con-Way). Some would only pay you via ComData (PAM). And others will put some of your pay on there if you so desire, and it is entirely up to you how much goes on it (KLLM).
Everything else was hit square on the nose by LilBit(of-a-PITA)
Lilbit Thanks this.
Comdata Card is a bit of a catch-all, ain't it?
Fuel and truck related expenses come off it, no problems
May puts your *entire* paycheck on it. Then, you can move whatever amount you choose to a single pre-selected bank account. (PITA for me, I have several bank accounts, used for various things.. would have been convenient to send directly to each of them from my card. Oh well) First move is free, after that it's .. a dollar, I think. The move takes about 3 business days, though.
They call it direct deposit, but it's not, really. It's a bank-to-bank transfer - similar but not the same.
When I first started, I had concerns about the folks at the far end keeping things straight, but in very short order was relieved of that worry. Never ever had a problem with it. ATM, pull money from the card (just don't do it at a truck stop - find a bank or a WalMart or something. $3.50 and $4.00 transaction fees are obscene.
Page 1 of 2