Companies that have APUs, Inverters, and are pet friendly

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bigdipper, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    Whats a seat A or B?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    "B" seats are those who come and go through the entire PSD program. They receive a 10,000 mile credit. Im an "A" seat. Means I have all my qualifications. Basically... I got my own truck :D

4. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    B seat: completed PSD or first 4 weeks of training from those coming in w/ CDL. A seat: Full pay grade, have completed training miles, and upgrade process.

5. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    So I take it I will be coming in as an C seat. Since I already have my Class A from my recent school?

6. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Thats correct

7. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Actually chompi, they Central no longer allows small pets. Anyone who had a pet onboard prior to the policy switch is grandfathered in till the pet dies. My wife who is in training there wasn't too happy about that cause she's a serious cat lover.

8. .5 Past Twelve

.5 Past Twelve Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2012
    You have bigger fish fry, than to concern yourself with APUs, inverters, and pet policies. Pre-hires really do not mean anything. A big company will sell a newbie ocean front property in AZ. Regardless of whom you drive for, provided you make it out of training; you will undergo 365 days of punishment. This includes being grossly underpaid, and over worked. You probably will have e-logs and a 60mph truck, which will put a dent in your money. You will barely be able to feed yourself, let alone your dog. Take off your rose colored glasses.

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

These trucking companies are so DESPERATE for good drivers that they are offering full benefits, big sign-on bonuses, new trucks with all the options including APU's and INVERTERS!
    :biggrin_25519:
    Only thing that was omitted from that RANT was the word EXPERIENCED between good & drivers.

10. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    One more thing to add is that full benefits usually come with almost all carriers, big sign on bonuses for rookies are usually for bfi companies, but if you have experience and they give you a sign on bonus for your experience then they may not be that bad. Also the new trucks aren't a selling point for me, most companies are doing it for California reasons and EPA, not for the drivers. Ill take an older truck over a new one as long as it's in good condition. Nothing wrong with an older truck. In trucking school they drilled it in our heads that you should go to a company with new equipment because that shows their financially in good standing. It doesn't always mean that at all.

But anyway, the op will have their eyes opened once they get in this field and on their own. I went in with the same thoughts and wants, now 7 months in I'm just happy to be working. I enjoy the company I work for, no you can't have pets, its luck of the draw to get an apu with an inverter.

I firmly believe the op has read too many recruiting posters at truck stops he has visited.

This lifestyle isn't the dream a lot of people think, my eyes were opened and it wasn't what I expected at all. After I adapted, I love my job, I'm happy. Not everyone has the same outcome.
    Ethan

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    Wolfshayde and Gizmo_Man Thank this.
  11. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    DrtyDiesel, I appreciate that. I know it's not an easy job and living on the road is no piece of cake, either, I've done that before, although not in a truck. There are a lot of good companies out there that do hire out of school......I'm not looking for bonuses (unless they want to give me one, ha!) or benefits (already got 'em), but APU's and/or inverters are out there, not everywhere, but they are out there, so I'll do my "due diligence" and try to go with one.........like somebody said, turnover is high, so there's always the possibility of jumping ship after getting some experience if I don't find one initially.
    Drive Safe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.