Companies that have APUs, Inverters, and are pet friendly

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bigdipper, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around
    your luck will change driving a truck.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. .5 Past Twelve

.5 Past Twelve Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2012
    "Mr. Attitude" has forgotten one important thing ( perhaps due to ignorance, or lack of research)... MOST TRUCKS WITH APUS CANNOT IDLE. My truck has an APU, however, I can idle my truck.
    What he does not realize, is that an APU will not properly heat or cool a truck, once the temperature becomes too high, or too low. I was in Coachella,CA two summers ago, and the temperature was 113 degrees, and guess what? I HAD TO IDLE THE TRUCK IN ORDER TO KEEP FROM BURNING UP! I was in Lewiston,ME, a couple of winters ago; the temperature was -25 degrees. A driver had an APU, and his truck would not idle. He caught the devil trying to get his truck started. Better yet, what if the APU breaks down, in a non idling truck? But hey! He probably has got it figured out already.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
  4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Aight Im done with this thread. Im sick of people cutting down companies they know nothing about. Everyone has to start somewhere. You stuck up snobs (being nice) seem to forget you were new at one time. Ive been here for a year now... Im not suffering. But you people have no concept so... Whatever. Bye

TruckermanD and bigdipper Thank this.
  5. TruckermanD

TruckermanD Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Baltimore MD
    Gizmo waste to much time on the internet. Lmao

6. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around
    some of us are NOT cutting down the companies, but rather "Mr. Attitude's" attitude of thinking he deserves or will get a peach of a job with all of the perks and live a happy carefree life. he hasn't met reality yet.

Gizmo_Man does not waste his time, especially when all his chores and housework are done and he is relaxing till the tv has something good on. in fact, i just enjoyed a wonderful nap.

one which i am afforded by having worked many years in this industry, paying my dues, and accepting what the companies have/had to offer, without being a "Mr.Attitude".

DrtyDiesel and Dennis_Miller Thank this.
  7. Dennis_Miller

Dennis_Miller Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Wow the Prime guys are so sensitive. :biggrin_2554:

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  8. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.... lol

Ethan

Dennis_Miller Thanks this.
  9. 1azsupertrucker

1azsupertrucker Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Phoenix,AZ
    Wil Trans is another company that allows pets, & has apu's. Not sure about inverters, I am currently looking into them. If you want you can pm me and I will share all the info about them I have so far.

bigdipper Thanks this.
  10. .5 Past Twelve

.5 Past Twelve Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Driver, no one is berating PRIME. Perhaps PRIME is a good fit for you. However, it is rather droll that you want to extol the virtues of PRIME. Then again that is your business. You would be well served to heed some of the advice you are getting from some of the drivers. In closing, remember this: MOST EXPERIENCED DRIVERS WOULD RATHER GET A PROSTATE EXAM ADMINISTERED BY FREDDY KRUEGER, THAN DRIVE FOR PRIME. LMAOU! Now key up on that if you want to.

Dennis_Miller Thanks this.
  11. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    And who do you work for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.