Companies that will take new students with felonies, theft ect

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by LadyDallasDriver, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyDallasDriver

LadyDallasDriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    USA
    He really wants to but so far we have been unable to find any construction companies that are hiring much less a newbie and one with a felony...nice thought though. Crazy thing is we live where the Barnett Shale is there are tank trucks everywhere but so far I have yet to find one that is hiring.
    Thanks for the advice...:biggrin_25525:

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elkatawa

Elkatawa Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2007
    KENTUCKY
    Most of the trucking sights say a felony needs to be over ten years old.

mje Thanks this.
  4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Swift should give you a green light...the issues were old enough for them..the USIS will show any court history, but as you said the issues are clear from legal issues..good luck with Swift...Texas-Nana and her hubby are happy with them..well not tonight ..they be stuck sitting enjoying each others company!

mje Thanks this.
  5. cylyntblu

cylyntblu Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2009
    houston,tx
    cr england turned me down--i have a 23 year old felony (burglary) a 13 year old misdemeanor class a assult( fighting) and also a dismissed failure to render aid 5 years------drove from 2001 thru 2006 and moved on to other ventures and held my cdl the whole time,i also have all endorsements a twic card and passport, 1 hazmat company told me to hit the road for a month or two and i'm hired,been threw the interview ----this is in houston texas-----anyone need a second seater for a while to help out a born again trucker...............i'm dedicated and a hard worker----please refresh me-----thanks

mje Thanks this.
  6. rmarierii

rmarierii Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Spring TX

but are there any local comapnies willing to hire a rookie driver??

mje Thanks this.
  7. KO1927

KO1927 Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    NH
    Not that I've found. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

mje Thanks this.
  8. razer918

razer918 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Asheville NC
    They will screw u over in a mississippi minute, they did it to me so bad i cant find work!! Don't do it!

mje Thanks this.
  9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    anybody looking for construction work better look again. cuz the only construction going on is federally funded stimulus work. and that isn't a lot for all the companies looking for something to do.

i've posted this once before in a different thread. get your criminal record and apply for expungement. it's your information and it costs 10 bucks for the record. the government does allow for expungement. just becuase you have a past don't mean you have to continue living with it. check with your state BCI. background criminal investigation.

mje Thanks this.
  10. dynosaur

dynosaur Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Try this truckersreport thread where we beat this one to death. You'll find some good information regarding felonies.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...e/61461-can-a-felon-get-a-break-new-post.html

I have more than I care to discuss; but, I've nevertheless managed to carve out a place for myself in this industry and made some decent money in the process. Good luck!

mje Thanks this.
  11. LeadFootLarry

LeadFootLarry Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    chattanooga, tn.
    I had a felony 9 years ago, being stupid, and i thought that driving a truck was the only thing that i could do, however...... Most companies nowadays want at least 10 yrs on a felony. However..... I have worked for Boyd Bros.,and now am currently employed by Melton. Since the freight is so slow, alot companies have upped the pre-requisite for the hiring process. If im not mistaking, Melton stopped hiring drivers with felonies, because of a big Canada push they are doing...... Keep looking, and you shall find what you seek.........

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.