Comtrak Logistics

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by vontrial, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Moneybagz

Moneybagz Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntsville.Al
    Im also interested in info from the Huntsville location....also wondering if the intermodal out of HSV and being home daily is worth having a truck payment all while making a decent living.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackwood

Blackwood Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Huntsville usually runs east from their terminal.......

4. Blackwood

Blackwood Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    I know that they run out of the Norfolk Southern and don't know for positive but believe they go out and right back....Call Robert Summers in Huntsville he's the terminal mgr....

5. Blackwood

Blackwood Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Call Memphis Safety dept and ask for Betsey, she should be able to tell you how far along it is.........800-274-3556

6. Moneybagz

Moneybagz Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntsville.Al
  7. hpw1984

hpw1984 Bobtail Member

I'm amazed how different terminals are, I mean for example take a look at the LinkedIn website for Comtrak; the east ate open and transparent posting a picture of who they are plus what their role is with Comtrak ..... The west coast in Los Angeles nothing but thugs mike Bruns wouldn't even recognize his company today

8. daddy&mama2go

daddy&mama2go Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Going to orientation on the 30th. Anyone got info on the Dallas terminal?

9. Maxine!

Maxine! Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Jtc you just about got it right, on the lease trucks, Am a company driver who been with them for just at 6 months and truthfully the reason that i'm still here! at the Dallas Terminal ,am very close to home.i just seen part of the contract from another Co. driver who tried to get a truck, with down payment in hand! until he read the contract! I didn't read it fully But the parts i did read ,you do better trying get one from somewhere, else! ( my opinion) No walk away lease, leave and your payments Will go up! 500 or more, that i know for sure!.

10. Maxine!

Maxine! Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Dallas Terminal.......... Good luck , whether O/O or Co. The Communication is very Bad!, most of your information will come other drivers, its like management leave info out on purpose,everything is not in that Driver packet/ binder (o/o or Co. Driver). You can and it is a potential to make money! , at least a decent paycheck , IF there was LEADERSHIP , no favoritism , they knew how to dispatch and plan loads, and am the company driver. everyone here just about got it right, the driver from Alabama i think (blackwood) he make it seem like a good terminal ,i don't know anything about Alabama's terminal, But i do Alabama, Yes Hub Group bout comtrak ,and so far everything been so!so! , am still trying to look at the big picture and its hard to find.(my opinion).You have O/O as well company driver here in Dallas complaining about loads and lack thereof, they tell you don't turn down loads if assign to one , every week its slow ,which may be true or not ,But the weekend ,if it were legal to run 2500-3000:)biggrin_25513:) in two days you can get all you won't ,they always looking for someone to run loads on the weekend. unless that is what you want to do then cool! The terminal manager is useless(tony), dave (safety)stay in his lane ,(ayron) is just a salesman and recruit tells you what he needs to get you in here.Joe to me is about the best of them all, mike's can be ok, but give off some bull time to time, cory it depends which way the winds blows ,Other than that the others are useless to me! the don't care and lack of knowing attitude do exist! you can't anyone to answer the phones,the blame is always on the planners which are out of Cali who dispatch the O/O but yet! you have to still deal with the local guys, that don't make sense , they have some good runs if you can get them, just as fast as they haire drivers some leaves , Owner and company there are a lot of hidden Information they want give you until you come across of find out from another driver but yet they don't care! But just like anything else the more you get acclimated to the more you will find out for yourself, just like any relationship you have to have good communication, and support, again its what you make it and how you make it, ASK, and re-ASK question thats the only way to get your answers, i hope that i been a little help and given some information you can use ?.

11. Blackwood

Blackwood Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    You seriously need to proof read your stuff before you post it, I couldn't understand but about half of what you posted...Just saying.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.