Con-Way Freight Physical

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by BubbaD1, Feb 5, 2016.

1. BubbaD1

BubbaD1 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Hey guys! Got hired on at Con-way Freight, and have my physical scheduled for Monday. Is CWF's physical much the same as the DOT med-card physical? Or is it all-inclusive, with the agility and drug tests as well? I'm kind of a heavy guy, so I'm mildly worried about that agility test.

Thank you!

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    don't know for fact, but you can always count on a drug test the minute you get in the door. Agility test is also almost a certainty. and you should probably count on a sleep apnea screening.. Just about any big company is going that route these days, all dictated by the lawyers/insurance.

BubbaD1 Thanks this.
  4. BubbaD1

BubbaD1 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I see, thank ya Yankee!

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    When I worked for them a few years back the first thing they do is send you for a full physical and drug test at the doctors office... Once completed you go back to the terminal with your medical card ( if you pass) and they will schedule a day you come back and do a physical fitness test out on the dock lifting things, bending, walking fast, and they have you go out and pull a dolly... After each "course" they take your heart rate...

6. lowgear14

lowgear14 Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Actually, they're required by Federal Law to screen you for sleep apnea now. I have had the sleep study and currently using the CPAP machine. It will definitely help you to get a good sleep at night, and not having to wake up feeling tired or doze off waiting to get loaded/unloaded. You only have to use the CPAP machine for 5 hours to be DOT compliant. Most insurances will help cover the cost of the sleep study, CPAP machine, tubing, and mask you're supposed to use. I was like most truck drivers and thinking the government is sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Since then I have a different approach about it now. I am well above the required amount of usage by DOT, and even though, I am DOT compliant if I was physically able to drive, but now, I use the CPAP machine to help me sleep better at night. Not only that, if you have high blood pressure by any chance, the CPAP machine will help keep your blood pressure down. It's absolutely true. Think about it. If you are waking yourself up snoring. You aren't getting the deep sleep that you need. Your heart is working twice as hard trying to keep the oxygen going throughout your body. Not only that, but it can also kill you as well. It killed my uncle back in October of last year, because he didn't use his CPAP machine. It's well worth looking into if you feel tired all the time.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I wonder if history is gonna look at us Like a buncha dumbshits for not using some sort of technology all the time to make us live like twice as long.

XD

Job I got in 2016 & 2015 neither required a cpap or any sort of test.
    Got a 2year renewal on the med card in 2016 no test there ethier.

8. BubbaD1

BubbaD1 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Heart rate went above the cut-off level on one of the physical agility tests, so they pulled the offer and told me to re-apply in 6 months. Not a huge deal, plenty of local jobs around here. Time to get my ###### into shape, though haha. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.

Besides, the day of my road test, there was a driver meeting in the lounge where I was waiting, and a lot of drivers seemed noticeably unhappy, specifically mentioning new XPO policies. I may have dodged a bullet. All jobs have their weak points, though, so I still would've loved to get on with Con-way/XPO regardless. I may re-apply in 6 mos, we'll see.

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    A buncha old timers griping about change.

Imagine that!!!!

Good luck bubba.

Starboyjim, morpheus and BubbaD1 Thank this.
  10. BubbaD1

BubbaD1 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Thanks, brother!

11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Would you happen to have a link to this Federal law requiring sleep apnea screening?.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.