Con-way to pay for training? Should I?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Dreamboat, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    For a one-year commitment.
    56-year-old first-time woman.

Puppage Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    sent you a PM .. Good Luck

4. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    You already asked Recruiting, right?

5. Dreamboat

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    Yes, Jim. I have already gotten an email from them. They are waiting for me (or I am waiting to get back to them) to get my permit. I had already had a bus ticket from CR England, but somebody told me to check with Conway. And they do look better.

6. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Conway is a good company. I've been there 2 1/4 years. The drivers wave at each other! The office people are friendly and respectful, and they seem to actually want to support drivers. Crazy, I know. And for the pay package, on time every Friday, no BS, good miles. The trailers are even pretty good, most of the time! I have no problem with an enthusiastic Yes! recommendation.

The Patriot and Dreamboat Thank this.
  7. Dreamboat

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
  8. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    DB, there are always malcontents in here, and on the road. Did you read the responses to Fat Slob's post? They support my experience. That's why there's so much churn in drivers. I will testify that thread is one driver's failure, not a pattern. Conway has one of the highest driver retention rates in the industry, and you can verify that.

My own personal experience is: 2 1/2 years, 125K miles/year. That's a low average of around 2,800/week, year over year, and I've been a little lazy since I bought my truck and got off the forced dispatch rotation. (I'm not a very contented company driver, too many rules) My compensation was about double what that poster said, and more than double as an Independent Contractor. I am always on time at both ends of a load, never have collisions, never have service failures, and always treat customers with at least patience, if not respect.

I like to work in a professional environment, and Conway Truckload is a good truck company. If you are looking to be a good, professional, reliable and safe driver, get on board.

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  9. Dreamboat

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    Thanks again, Jim. I do tend to be a positive person; and I'm not very attracted to the negativity. I have so many more general questions, but I think I need to ask the recruiter about those. I'll let you know.

10. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Tell 'em I sent you. I get a finders fee - you can be my first.

11. Dreamboat

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    Really? Keturah said they quit doing that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.