Conditional job offer with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Spreadneck, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You have a good point there.

Torch139 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Again if it's such a great job why is it open. If the job and money is that good another driver for them would be all over it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Several companies have weekend at home program:
    Hadden House
    Maverick Transportation
    McElroy
    CT Transportation
    TMC

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. Hudson_MacBeth

Hudson_MacBeth Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2015
    All else being said already, do NOT think that you will have an easier life being home every weekend. In fact, having worked local driving jobs where i was home every day, regional jobs where i was home every week, and otr where i am now home every 2 weeks, I prefer otr, especially if the length of haul average is high. Think of it this way: if you haul local, generally you are going to be driving for around 500 miles or less a day, with the remainder of your 14 hour clock spent loading/unloading/pretrip/etc. If you live 30 minutes from your terminal, you have 15 hours of working per day, so to speak, leaving you with about 9 hours at home to eat, sleep, extra curricular worth the significant other, etc. so not really much in quality time.

In regional, you may have slightly higher mileages per day, but you can't really get much in the way of good mileage runs, so you will spend more time bumping a dock, waiting at shipper / receiver, etc.

If you go otr minimum of two weeks out, you can get some nice long runs in. I average over 3k miles a week and am still home every other weekend. Plus, with the longer runs, less time is spent doing things we typically don't get paid for, and more time is spent driving and making money. If you have a 1200 mile run, you can drive your 11 (or close to), then take your break, and drive the remainder, and you may not HAVE to work the full 14 hours. For me, this means that when I do get home, I am more rested, which means more QUALITY time with the spouse and kids, as well as better compensated for my time spent working.

But then again, that is just my two cents. ;)

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  6. Torch139

Torch139 Bobtail Member

You make some good points. I guess it is what works for you, or me. I have a full retirement (from law enforcement) so although I do want/need the income to support the lifestyle that I want to lead, it is not imperative that I make top money. So I am thinking home on the weekends, every weekend , is good for me. This is more of like a supplement to my income and a dream I've always wanted to do

7. Torch139

Torch139 Bobtail Member

Yeah I looked at several of those...Don't think I wanna run flatbed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.