Confused about California law

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Jdm5jdm5, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    No states are requiring a 'Tail'
    Your pic is not a tail btw.

There is some kind of complicated law about requiring Trailer Aerodynamic Devices that improve mpg by x%.
    Most JUST have the Skirts.
    Numbers I've seen are 4-6% just for the Skirts.

Full Article for Pic.
    http://www.truckinginfo.com/article...-carb-compliance-on-trailer-aerodynamics.aspx

Typo?

Center of Rear Axle.
    Unless you're looking at front from the back of the trailer :p

Attached Files:

Jdm5jdm5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    In California the max distance for a 53 dry van or reefer is 40 feet king pin to rear axle (KPRA). I wish you were right though it would fix a lot of California trailer weight problems

Jdm5jdm5 Thanks this.
  4. Jdm5jdm5

Jdm5jdm5 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    My company has e logs and there is a button to certify logs each day. Is certifying logs a DOT thing? Or a company thing? Can you get a ticket for not certifying logs?

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I think that means, 'approve' you logs from yesterday or up to the latest change of duty status. When I was on them, the company encouraged us to 'approve' our logs after every single change of duty status. Approving or certifying locks in the times and you would not be able to edit the logs after that.

Some guys like to do a 25 minute pretrip and not approve or certify til the end of the day incase they need to edit back in 10 minutes from that pretrip to make it look like 15 minutes and add the 10 minutes they needed to stay out of violation.
    Short answer, yes it is both a company and DOT policy to 'close' out your log daily. In thepaper log universe, we certify our log any time after midnight by signing it and making sure every little detail is filled out. That's what I call closing out the log page and starting a new page.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.