Considering TMC Questions?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Sean_Memphis, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Sean_Memphis

Sean_Memphis Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    I was just contacted out of the Blue by a TMC Recruiter on LinkedIn. How is TMC (culture, pay, benefits, etc)?

How is their school, training?

What areas do they work out of (I'm in Memphis)?
    Thanks!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Spend an afternoon reading this forum.

You will have more specific questions tomorrow....

Toona67 Thanks this.
  4. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I agree with MM3 deg.

Toona67 Thanks this.
  5. Sean_Memphis

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Pay and benefits is pretty specific, but OK LOL :)

6. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Percentage of the load or mileage pay for line haul. You start @ 26% and can hit 32% of what the load pays to the truck. For example a 1,000 dollar load would gross you 260.00$ at 26%. Mileage starts somewhere a .40 cents. Both pay options can be higher biased on performance: low out of route, MPG, parking up Sunday night within 30 miles of consigned by 9pm, endorsements, truck cleanliness, 13 week gross average you earn to your truck, on time deliveries etc. Every 4 weeks a snapshot is taken to determine your % for the next month. You have to be a turd to stay at 26%.

TMC likes their drivers to drop off 5 and pick up 5 loads a week minimum. If your a hoss you'll do 6 and stink. Cos you won't be showering. Lol (Get baby wipes)

I agree with MM3 Deg. Put in the time and find out yourself, those are lazy questions your asking.... I'm answering cos I'm parked in BFE at a consignee with a bit of down time.

Speaking of down time, at TMC you don't have much of it. If you do you'll get a load put on you. Your reward for running hard to gain down time for perhaps a shower is another load squeezed in for a same day unload. Lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. Sean_Memphis

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for answering!! I curentlly work at FedEx (non-driver), so hard work isn't new to me. I don't need to be a "hoss" driver...because I'm single/no kids lol :) But I do want to make some $$. Just looking into the different companies I could work for/get my CDL/best fit.

8. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Word... Yeah, no "hoss" needed to make some money. Just run safe and with a realistic sense of urgency and you should be good to go.

To me TMC culture is good. Every driver, and I mean most, will without hesitation help you roll tarps and secure loads if it's practical to do so. It's pretty tight, we all ways wave to each other rolling down the roads as we pass. Joke around at shippers and receivers. Things of this nature.

Toona67 Thanks this.
  9. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree with Karl on this completely. While I am not certain at the moment that this is the right company for me, it is more due to my own personal needs not so much a company issue. I have had very few issues and, generally, can easily hit the $1k a week mark if all goes well.
    As a young man with no kids or wife, you could easily do pretty well here. As an experienced driver, I cannot speak for the CDL school but most of the kids I see come out of it seem fairly competent and decent drivers when they are cut loose.
    Good luck with your decision.

Sean_Memphis Thanks this.
  10. Richslaski

Richslaski Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Syracuse,NY
    Wondering how TMC is regional runs northeast? I see a lot of their trucks on the thruway while I'm driving for my work now.

11. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Syracuse is a great area for freight with TMC. You should not have any problem getting home every weekend if you chose too. (depending on your fleet manager of course) I am not sure about daily dedicated runs out of that area but there are a lot of shippers up there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.