Considering TMC Questions?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Sean_Memphis, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Slim one

Slim one Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Considering TMC now... I have 3yrs dry van experience but no flatbed. How long does orientation and training last with TMC if you don't have experience with flatbed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    If they haven't changed anything from what I remember, 2 weeks OTR w/ trainer. As for orientation, I think it's the full 12, but I can't recall for certain.

Slim one Thanks this.
  4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    2 weeks orientation and then you'll be placed with a trainer for no less than 2 weeks, and as much as 6 weeks. Depends on how quick you pick it up

Slim one Thanks this.
  5. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    experienced orientation is only one week in either Des Moines IA or Gaston SC. Then out with a trainer for at least 2 weeks . I have an experienced trainee driving my truck right now

Slim one Thanks this.
  6. avawam14

avawam14 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Just got accepted today to training school ar nearat TMC live near I-75 in London KY. What type of routes come out of this way.

Thanks

7. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    All kinds...because I-75 might be TMC's second-busiest corridor (at least in my experience). And being between Columbus OH (steel, steel and more steel) and northern GA (wood, wood, and more wood), not to mention being that close to Cincinnati (drywall, drywall and more drywall--out of Silver Grove KY, just outside Cincy)--you'll be plenty fine in your area.

8. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Not to mention tons of shingles put pf carlise amd medina.

9. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Oh good gosh, yes...that OC in Medina is a gold mine if you can get in there at the right times.....

10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I wouldn't exactly call it a good mine, but if you can get a good looking load out of there, they usually pay well

11. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    The place was usually a gold mine for me... haha. Guess I got fortunate...I ran a lot of transfer loads out of there, to Brookville IN, several to Minneapolis (that was a $1700 run right there--& since I lived in Indy at the time I could stop thru the crib with it and still make it up there by Sunday night AND they start unloading at 5 a.m. up there...or did), and out to NJ (I want to say it's Kearny), which I think I managed to get a $762 gross out of that one. (That's also the one that led to my $6500 week in, thru, and around NYC.)

Yeah its a pain to get to and maneuver through, but considering some OC shingle plants out there (like the one in Jacinto City Houston--or worse, Irving outside Dallas), I'll take Medina five times out of five.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.