Continental Express Inc

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chrianhawk, Jun 1, 2007.

1. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

You would be better off going Solo at .45cpm for the first year, .46cpm the next. Would probably make at least the same or a bit more. You'd also get better sleep without the Truck moving. The Freightliners are ROUGH to sleep in while moving and loud as heck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nosleep4bishop

nosleep4bishop Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I was told by Micah the recruiter it would be half a dollar split, but thats for the truck. But shortly after that it was a four cent decrease because as we we're told at 46 cents and more miles driven we'd make more.

4. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    I wasn't aware we could negotiate a $500 sign on bonus ?! And we can argue the. 50cpm?

5. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    I've considered going solo, however my experience level is zero with the exception of driving a day cab for the last 3 weeks to San Antone and Dallas. I chose team first because my co driver doubles as my trainer

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why do you need a terminal there if it's OTR?
    "The Waggoners Trucking Company" pays pretty good for hauling sprinter vans.
    They pay .67 team split cpm for regular flatbed, but more for hauling sprinter vans which is a seperate division.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  7. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

That BS. More miles and more pay is the only way to go. I'd prefer more pay and less miles over less pay per mile and more miles.

Dang right bring it up. If I remember, I'll call my old DM and CSR and Assistant Operations Manager monday and ask him whats with with you two being low-balled.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    Reason for edit: Edited per request
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You live in Dallas?

9. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Thank you. Yeah I'm feeling low balled with a 4cent difference with them expecting us to run their routes as a dedicated team. I haven't signed anything yet but a application. So I have some wiggle room. Yeah Micah wouldn't look me in my eyes as I spike with him, and that gave me a standoffish feeling towards his recruitment tactics. I will def bring up the 50 cpm because at 46 com on a truck, my partner and I would only make 23 cents a mile. Hell for 23 cpm I mine as well go back to crst. At least they have loads lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    Reason for edit: Member's request
  10. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Yes.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does CE hire new cdl grads?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.