COQUIHALLA 30 VEHICLE ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by orcen, Aug 5, 2016.

1. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Every day I ran the Coq you would see at least one cowboy with smoking brakes.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'll try and keep this as PC as possible. Bet ya'll that truck was from Surrey.

LindaPV and orcen Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Think the driver had one of those wrap around cowboy hats on?

fargonaz and Bakerman Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Screw on Stetson is the term I think.

Pullin2, cnsper and Bakerman Thank this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  9. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

I know exactly where that is! I watch Highway to Hell! Time to call Jamie!!!

dngrous_dime and Bakerman Thank this.
  10. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I nearly got run off the road in early July driving with my wife West of Calgary to Banff (on our honeymoon) by a truck just coasting down the grade rather than controlling descent.

He was riding the butt of another four wheeler at the top of the grade and I was doing over the speed limit to pass him, and he caught up real quick (easily pushed 130 km/h). And instead of checking his mirror (I was beside the landing gear, and he had convex mirrors) he just put his signal on and started moving over. It took all of 10-15 seconds from starting the pass to matching stride... I didn't even realize it was that steep.

I'm glad there was a full shoulder on the left side, or it would have been rhubarb town and I would have been in rage mode (or worse). Didn't catch the company or truck number, since I was already 14 hours on the day and my heart was ready to leave my chest, I just put the hammer down and got out of there as fast as I could.

I'm glad I received the proper training in how to descend a grade. No matter how many super-truckers out there who get on the radio and tell me to speed up because I'm not coasting like them and riding their brakes down. Also makes me glad I work regionally in Canada's flattest province and rarely ever see a hill.

Anyways, rant over. Professional drivers are becoming more and more a rarity these days. This is nuts.

Ougigoug and orcen Thank this.
  11. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    The backup they mentioned wasn't primarily due to construction. There was a wide load going south when it reached the paver and couldn't get by. Looks like they were holding him until the paver was able to be moved aside. I was heading north and I am sure I missed seeing that accident by minutes.

It was backed up from the Portia chain up to halfway to Box Canyon. Took a buddy 8 hours to get from New Westminster to Kamloops because northbound got seriously delayed at the scene.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.