COQUIHALLA 30 VEHICLE ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by orcen, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    According to Castanet the owner of the runaway truck is Farid Transport of Surrey. The truck owner is apparently attempting to blame the road crew for the runaway, which is patently ridiculous. There is no excuse for this crash. It is pure, unadulterated recklessness on the part of the truck driver that caused the crash. Even if there are no signs warning of a road crew, a truck driver should not be traveling at such a high speed that he cannot stop in a safe distance to avoid colliding with stopped traffic on the Coquihalla Highway or any highway.

Zeviander Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Called it!

Zeviander, Pullin2 and LindaPV Thank this.
  4. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    ...and just in case there is somebody on earth who is not aware of what highway this crash happened on - the Coquihalla Highway is the subject of a popular television show about inexperienced and unqualified recent immigrants (and some unqualified TFW's) who get low-paying jobs driving trucks in Canada and go on to perform a crash-o-rama of trucking death and destruction for TV that underlines the fake "driver shortage" fabricated by trucking company owners with bright red ink that is the colour of human blood. It's all about lowering wages for truck drivers in Canada, throwing safety out the window and killing and maiming the traveling public with cheap slave labour from abroad. It's about replacement workers. It's about the globalization of trucking:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    ENR, Zeviander and LindaPV Thank this.
  5. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

Love this show. Puts IRT to shame!

AModelCat Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    And you just see the caliber of drivers there. Adam's trying to tow that spun out truck up the hill and the clown doesn't even have the power divider locked in. Probably wouldn't have spun out if it was locked in the first place. Then that clown who almost gets his arm ripped off trying to chain up. Like WTF?

7. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    I always like the episode that showed THE DOT GUY showing the " newly graduated " driver how to put on his chains ....... seriously eh ? I wonder if they edited out the presentation of the ticket ??

8. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    It's always Ravinder Singh Binder who's in an accident in BC

So glad I'm out of that garbage province, the scenery is the only thing it has worthwhile.

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Same here @orcen. Born and raised in BC but I don't think I'll move back until retirement. Even though Alberta's economy is in the tank right now, I'm still better off over here.

10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I'd move back to retire, maybe in Hope or Agassiz in the bush. Travel into town once a week to get supplies. By then the whole province will be taken over though at this rate.

11. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Well they're already starting to come into my hometown, and that's only a little ways south of Valemount.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.