Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    I don't know. But i thank it might be that they cant find a verifier for the infomation they put down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sbatson

sbatson Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Ft Worth, Texas
    Hey Big Wheels do you still stay in Pensacola? I live in Fort Walton and have been looking for a company to take me on from here, whats the starting CPM? Time out and home? What about idle policy? Trucks governed at( not big deal but just for piece of mind).

big wheels Thanks this.
  4. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    I,m leaving on the truck today. For the ? about If you call they tell you but yes, depends on exp.,25%,65 team,62 solo. talk to you later. thanks guys and gals I stay in touch as so as I can.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  5. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Well we been running like crazy. My trainer is no teacher but is very good at pointing out what you do woung. So by learning what not to do . The trainer road in the passager seat for first few days when we ran around tenn. My first run was from tenn to long beach cal. I did most of the driving he drove awhile maybe a few hundred miles and slep most the time he is sleeping. But I got good training from on the shut up or put up. Now on the run for longbeach,Cal to raymon, NH. I drove most of the wat rain snow fog black ice then was shut down by dot or put on chains no thank you. So the trainer tryied to drive an was shut down( there a name for that).The next morming he tryied to leave but ran in to chain it or park it dot. So we are iced in at arrowhead ,Co. The trainer speaks broken english but seems to be a great guy. But we don't talk much anyway.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  6. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    No chains on your rig? Si habala espaniol! :biggrin_25526:

big wheels Thanks this.
  7. moreaujeremy

moreaujeremy Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2009
    rockford il
    big wheels i hope you do well.I am a covenant driver and it is not easy your first year as i have told you before.But you are doing what you need to do to fed your family and no one can put you down for that.Your trainer should not be sleeping all the time.He is not training if he is sleeping you are I'm sure fine at lane control and speed control but he could be spending more time giving you pointers and pointing out mistakes as you make them.But keep your head up and get threw it.It will get better after you team.People can talk #### all they want about Covenant but it is a job and it does get you,your experience.So good luck out there driver and be safe.

big wheels Thanks this.
  8. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Thanks !! I hit a few bumps in the road. Me and the trainer kind of bumped heads. He raise his voice and seems to get up set when i do not under stand him. I have told him two different times to calm down. I does sleep alot of the time. I do most of the driving. which i dont mind at all .I do all the fueling and washing the windows. Which is the job top. I talk to all to drops and pick ups. Which I do to learn what i can. But the bumps is stuff like when I fuel hes washing his face in bathroom teeth shaving. Stuff like that. As im going in or he comeing out he said i dont have time to do thiose thangs. I went five days with out a shower. Which must be a record for me. I got my shower by standing as close to him as i could and raise my arms. HA Ha it worked. He is all ways changing my logs. Its dont as i drove it . the posted mile are lower than what i drove. They look like a white out mess. Ask why do i have to do it this way he said I have to work your logs so you pass training.??? He does not drive at night and when he does drive he only drives two hours. There was one time where I drove 9.5 hours to drop load picked up empty to pick up. When we got there it was not ready. Had to go wait at pilot. I didnt talk to them but he tells me that he was driving first and it was not going to ready untill 500 am next morning. At this time its 1200 noon. We go to the pilot he hang out cashing com checks trying to get by the 10 dollor charge for more than one. He gets me to cash one fore him. He saids we can take a shower. Im like ok shower,wash clothes and eat. He hangs out inside playing with his phone. I go back to the truck to get ready to sleep. Finishing up a phone call he get in and saids your driving lets go. I said no I need to sleep. He starts to get up set. He said i drive when he tell me to. I said you said you were driving first. He said no you dont tell mew when to drive. I say you have had more sleep than i have. He like you know what time it is. You been off duty 10 hours that I need to drive. We go on like this for a while until he threatens my job by tell me that he was going to tell them that Im not doing my job and ill be done threw finished. I said its not safe for me to drive i need to sleep. I not killing someone today. He picks up the qc and starts taping it opn the dash. I told him to call who ever. Tell them what ever. I calling safty and telling them what your doing. I tell him I should drive and aim for a tree at full spead. He gets up I stood up and raise my voice and tell him Im done call en I want off this truck right now. Man drama. You got to be kiding me, right. He sat down and i said you need to calm down. He jumps in the driver seat which its 1200 pm and drives to the pick up. mad. When he gets there he gets out and slams the door. Afew min later he comes back and said it not going to ready until 500 am duh! I thought I hear that before. Guess what there is time to sleep. In the morning I wroke him up abouit 600 am after listening to the beeping of the qc. I said Ill drive he said no hell drive. Whichg he does only two hours than i drive the rest which was 500 miles. Which was not put down on the books like that. I talk to covenant today on the phone about getting another trainer. But the guy I need to talk to is like yea i know your trainer great guy. what can i do for you . I off to a great start hear. so Im like I cant understand his broken engish. Hes like thats a first. i dont have any other trainer I thank i came put you with. I said the lack of understanding is causing him to get up set. He said there must be some of miss understanding. Ill call him and talk to him. Im like great that going to fix every thang he only going to tell them what thay want to hear. Ill be stuck with him on the truck and he knowing that i called and it didnt work. Man drama. I didnt say anythang about we drove about 200 miles with out the drive turn and driver four ways not working and he not wanting to call break down. That was not good at all. But other than that I have been running east to west two time north to south east coast afew times. got on the truck on the 10 of dec 09 and we got just over 5000 miles. and a 1000 in the hole when i come back on the 2 jan. Other than the trainer being a but haed the truck is great its set at 65 we pass a lot of wenrner, scneider, prime and other. But get run over by the o/o. The heaviest load so far was 50,000 pds. most money value was $3 million of cigs

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    How much longer do you have to train?

Whiteout on your logs is soooooo illegal! If the DOT pulls you for an inspections without the functioning lights? Better hope he is driving when it happens.

Don't let that little ####### push you around. Try not to lose your job 3-6 months you can dump those scum.

I know these are the only guys that would take you.

The guy you called to knows what is happening. He doesn't give a ####.

Tell him next time he touches your logs your gonna break his little fingers. :biggrin_25510:

big wheels Thanks this.
  10. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Good luck on your orientation, If I may, Is it covenant. Yea I not sure what to do at this point .At times I want to break more than a finger. I thank thats why he does not drive at night. I wish I knew what this guy problem is. i thank its like he a trainer, and get paided more for that. He gets $600 after i test out. Most inportant is that he doesnt have to do any thang. Im not sure what good training is. To say this is bad. But I could do better, as a trainer. Its almost as if im self training myself on the driving part. lane choose, gear choose, up and down grades.reading signs. The first solo drive was at nite. I solo my first snow and black ice run in. At one time dot shut me down. I was driving at 35 mph. Because i didnt know any better. thank god for that one. But my trainer was up set because we stopped. I told him dot said shut down. He looked around and said lets go, He jumped in the drive set rolling then I was watching from the sleeper as the blue lights come on. THe door open the dot guy said your not the guy i was talking to didnt he tell you to shut down. He said somethang and closed the door. Now has to park. In the next day he tried to drive again and ran into dot chain are park it he told the dot guy that he didnt need to chain. Because covenant does not reqiure it. THe dot guy could not understand him. So i told him what he was saying. The dot guy said this park or chain. if you keep going he was going to put him in jail then asked him if he understood what he was saying. He said yes thank you. Now for me this is not how a trainer should acted like this when training a student. I drove in all the night snow while he slepted. There is an angle watching over me. And Im so thankful to have it. And the facted mama didnt raise no fool. may be alittle crazy. thanks and good luck be SAFE!

amarth2008 Thanks this.
  11. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I'm going to Werner. Start applying there now!

big wheels Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.