CPAP machine cerification hours????

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Viking84, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Haven't talked with her in months. Now I just get text messages automated saying if I'm in compliance or not.

Dark Squall Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dark Squall

Dark Squall Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Yea thanks to my BMI and neck I have to have a sleep study too, that Roehl says they'll pay for. I appreciate this thread for giving the heads up on what to expect. Expensive machine, taken from pay each week, and when I'll be tested. I think they said I would have to drop 100 lbs... to avoid this later on.

4. Projektf350

Projektf350 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    It's not DOT it's Roehl. DRs lawyers insurance and greed. It's a scam they make good money off those machines. The test they do shows 99% of people they test are positive. It's a very inaccurate number but very positive on their bank account.

Texnmidwest and tnt440 Thank this.
  5. Dawn Keller

Dawn Keller Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2015
    If you have a respironics cpap machine you can download a app on your smart phone called dreammapper. It will help track your progress and you will have the info on your phone to show DOT for compliance.

6. Jqc

Jqc Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I'm driving trucks I got to submit my readings for 90 days but I've only had my machine for 76 days. Will I still able to be compliant??

7. Charlie Mac

Charlie Mac Ears On, Hammer Down

Dec 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    76÷90=84%...So you should be okay.

That being said...you should really brush up on your math before you catch an HOS log violation or something.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Its 80 percent compliance.....

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

9. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi

They make an "auto" machine now it adjusts to you...you never need another sleep study. You can buy used machines.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

10. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I got their CPAP machine back in July. I knew it helped even though it was expensive and all that BS.....but I never really knew how much it was helping me until last Friday. I forgot to bring home my CPAP machine. Woke up Saturday morning with a bad headache and felt like I had been run over by a truck. Ya, I made the hour drive back to the yard to get the machine. Woke up this morning feeling like my old self. Expensive or not.....I will keep it.

11. kennyjrz

kennyjrz Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    According to the doctor I contacted about this very issue, in order to be DOT compliant, you must have used the machine at least 4 hours per 24 hour period 70% of the time and the report goes back the immediate 30 days prior to the SD card download. Therefore you are still in compliance if you have used it 4 hours per day, a total of 21 days out of those 30 days.
    I might also advise drivers that when you do get your DOT medical card, you take it directly from the doctor to the DMV Driver’s License office and have your CDL updated in their computer records. Even in 2018, the DMV is slower than molasses (at least in Texas!) and if you wait until the last minute, your current medical card might expire before your license gets updated, due to all the bureaucracy and red tape. It does not matter if your new card is dated before the old one expires! If this happens, your CDL is suspended and you have to go through the whole process of testing and crap to get your CDL back! AND, you will NOT be able to drive in the meantime!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.