CR England mileage?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Omasdaddy, Aug 30, 2009.

1. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx

Wow. 1800 to break even and only taking home $700 or so after 2500-2600. Assuming he has "normal" bills away from the truck (phone, light, car payment, etc) that doesn't leave much (if any) wiggle room. And here I thought my 800-900 mile break even point each week was bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Are you serious??

You see, its this kind of nonsense that just absolutely makes me wanna call B/S and not want to believe a word at all from the "I hate England" crowd.....

Well, maybe its just me, but isn't that kinda to be expected when you "rent" a truck or anything for that matter for your business?

You say your break-even point is 800 to 900 miles a week. Who do you work for? Are you leasing a truck as well or do you own your own truck? If you do own your truck, is it paid for? Give us a little more info on your so to speak better lifestyle before your "wow" rant about his 1800 a mile week break even point seems pertinant....Well, at least to me, anyways....

4. CANGST

CANGST Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Oxnard, CA
    The 1800 mile break even is about accurate. It changes week to week depending on fuel mileage, short loads etc.. Unless you have a truck that is paid off or you are making some serious pay per mile I think 800 miles is a BS break even.

5. mutha_trucker

mutha_trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Piedmont,Mo
    ok who is your dm cause mine is lucky to be getting me out about 1600 a week which does not come close to my break even for a L/O....

6. YankeeTexan

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I got a less then 1 year driver and a 2 year driver calling b.s. that is funny. Here we go, pay attention. My truck pmt is $1780 a month and my truck ins, work comp, permits/baseplate and fuel tax is $647 a month for a total of $2427 a month which divided by 4 is $606.75 per month. Which at $1.00 per mile (not counting fuel surcharge) is 607 miles per week. The other 193 (or so) miles covers the fuel to run the 800 miles. Thus 800 miles a week break even point. So, before you two call b.s. you might want to have your facts in order first.

7. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

And in that you have not included service costs,tax bill, your fuel numbers are off (800 miles at 7 miles per gallon= 114 gallons* $2.89= $330.29),you have not considered several issues in your 800 BEP.

Pretty clear why you are a lease operator.With math skills like yours the Obamanation could use you in Washington.Or England could use you in Salt Lake,wait that's where you got that from huh:biggrin_25526: Never Mind.

8. YankeeTexan

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    First, I am not a lease operator. Second, I don't work for CRE (left there 10 years ago). What this has to do with politics (the Obama crack) I have no idea. (I guess some of you just can't help it, thinking everything has a political angle).

On to my "numbers"....I guess you have never herd of a fuel surcharge. (last week for example I got $.224 per mile, all miles loaded and mt) Thus my nmbers are correct. 800 miles/6mpg=133 gal at 2.89=$384 now subtract $179 in fuel surcharge (800 miles at .224= 179) for a out of pocket toatal of 205.

Maint costs...how much do you spend on maint. an oil change is about 300 or so every 8-10 weeks. put $40 aside each week and you are set. (and this is still not going to move me off my 800 mile break even by much if any.)

Taxes, not a truck expense, that is a personal expense. I also have investment income as well. Should I have to include taxes on that as a truck expense as well? What is your break even point for you truck? Or are you even an o/o or are you just another one of the know-it-all company dirvers? I have made a profit EVERY month for the last 10 years. So I guess I must be doing something right.

Have a nice day.

9. SLCTrucker

SLCTrucker Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Salt Lake City UT
    So your trying to explain your numbers to a lease op in a CRE forum and you dont even lease or work for them. :biggrin_25513:

READ THE QUESTION "CR ENGLAND MILEAGE" then go comment on something your qualified to answer..........

10. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    We are discussing your break even point.In that you must include all of you expenses of which you listed few.You must calculate your tax bill including business, personal, and fuel tax.Maintenance is far more than an oil change every month or three(Do you even drive a truck?) it is about tires, brakes, alignments, shocks, and the eventual replacement of your vehicle.

The political jab was not intended to be political,but rather a commentary on the breed of businessman:biggrin_25526: involved in the trucking industry lately.

I will ask you a question to illustrate my point.

What is your cost per mile to operate your truck?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  11. t_wilson0321

t_wilson0321 <strong>Adjustable Wench</strong>

Jan 23, 2008
    on the road again
    Hubby and I (Lord help us) went with CRE and did the lease. Lack of work at home, and limited on who would hire both of us as a team, me with little OTR exp and him with a 20 year old felony.

First, I have to say, a company is what you make it. Yes I agree there are some companies that are just plain crack and there is no working with them at all. However, as others have said on here before, take what you read with a grain of salt as there are always people who are unhappy wherever they work.

So. We are doing alright with them. We started out on OTR and averaged about 4500 to 5000 miles a week, getting .80 a mile empty and .90 a mile loaded. After truck payment, truck insurance, plates, fuel (on fuel cap at $1.25 a gallon), and the various other things that come out, we were averaging around $650 to $1000 take home. Our break even point is right about 1900 miles. We had a great DM who did his dead best to keep us rolling right up to the end of our 70 each week, and was generally a great guy.

We were offered a brand new dedicated account that CRE has just got in January. We have actually taken a pay cut, getting .85 cpm a mile both loaded and empty, but so far we haven't had any empty miles because we get our trailer at the start point, run around picking up their stuff at suppliers, then bring back the loaded trailer to the point we started at. And now we average $800 to $1300 take home. Figure that one out. There are just five teams that have started out on it, and they are phasing in more over the next few months. We started in Feb, and have averaged 5100 miles a week, we are home every Friday night and don't leave again till Sunday morning, don't get jerked around for hours and hours at shippers, and are generally LOVING it. Now there is one Saturday a month that we do have to run, usually just a 200 or 300 mile run because the place works one Sat a month, but no big deal. We just stay here at the truck stop near our origin point instead of going home.

Our DM was Tony Pittard. Nice guy, and doesn't forget when you do him a favor. He always took care of us because we took care of him. If he needed help with emergency load moving we found a way to do it and do it legal so none of us got in trouble. He's a really nice guy.

They don't use paper any more. We now have EOBR's. Nice little qualcomm log books that you flat can't be creative with. I personally hate it because I can't be creative. Hubby likes it because he doesn't have to color his lines any more. So I've learned to live with it.

Another poster had said they don't hire company any more. They do, but they push the lease program really hard. They will hire company, but all company is now team. So if you don't have a team partner already in mind they will assign you and a total stranger to a truck together.

As for the phase 1 and phase 2 trainers and training program, I know nothing about it or how it works. Don't care to as I flat will not sleep behind a stranger who's fresh out of school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.