CR England mileage?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Omasdaddy, Aug 30, 2009.

1. govols0872

govols0872 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    SLC, UT
    It's .90 loaded , and .80 empty . After they changed the formula to calculate the rebate last year (Nat. avg price - 1.44) / 6 , you have to get 6.3 to break even. Used to be better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Soooooo.....

2000 miles you get $1400. Pay $200 for a truck payment. Still in company driver pay range. Great job.

What if you go home...

4. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    So, when you say I have to look at pump prices all the time, are you talking about anywhere or is this still under the big 6?
    Paid mile per gallon or the actual MPG on the truck? Either way, my PMPG usually stays between 6 and 6.3 and the average MPG on the truck is usually over 7. There are times where it falls below 6 but then again, theres a lot of times where its almost 8 even fully loaded.

See, this is where I'm getting confused. How is it England tacks on more per mile to your already 90cpm/80cpm empty when you dint follow their optimizer program?

Since you are under the rebate, does England still pay a portion of your fuel cost like they do on the cap or are you paying 100% of the fuel you buy?

If they are, then I cant see how they would still "reward" you in a sense if you are fueling wherever you wish and putting in whatever you want gallon wise and not getting your fuel where they tell you to and only putting in the amount that they tell you to.

I thought that was the whole point of the fuel cap program along with the 9-speeds, governed trucks, anti-idle BS and the "supposed to be unmovable" 5th-wheels from the "all the way" forward position was because if you meet their requirements, they pay whatever's left for the fuel you buy after they charge you a buck 25. If fuel ever skyrockets to 5 dollars a gallon again, I think its pretty nice to only pay 1.25 instead of 5 bucks a gallon. But if that were the case at 5 bucks a gallon, England still has to pay 3.75 which is why even though I complain about all that "pole up your arse" BS sometimes, I dont blame them for doing all that stuff to our trucks. If I were paying a portion of someone else's fuel cost, I believe I'd feel I had the right to have a say in how they save fuel.

I think he was just crunchin numbers for examples, bro.

How long have you been driving? What company do you work for if you dont mind me asking and how long have you worked there?

I dont know about SLC Trucker, but I dont own this truck. I am merely renting it for my source of income just as some construction outfit may rent a backhoe instead of buying one. And yes, it does happen. I worked for an oilfield construction company once that had over 10 Cat backhoes that were all rented. There was times they would keep them for almost 6 months at time.

I may have to pay for all of its fuel and maintenance along with its repairs, but I am under no risk. As I've said many times before, if things start going in a direction that I dont agree with, I take the truck back to SLC and hand'em the keys and walk away. Sure I may have a "lease incomplete" mark on my credit rating, but I think most credit agencies would be more than willing to look past that since this truck I am leasing is the MVP of my income and if they see that I did everything in my power to make it work and it didn't, I highly doubt they would consider my incomplete lease as the same thing as leasing a house or a car and not being able to keep my end of the agreement.

So, does this mean the rebate isn't as prosperous as it once was??

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. govols0872

govols0872 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    SLC, UT
    Simply put if your getting 6.7 mpg, you will make more revenue on the rebate.

6. SLCTrucker

SLCTrucker Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Salt Lake City UT
    Ok as far as the rebate works, the ave pump prices change every week.
    If they went higher then my .28 per mile rebate would be more.
    When fuel was over 4 bux a gallon last year I was paying on ave .70 to .80 a gallon.
    Now one thing I forgot to mention was state fuel tax as this will affect pump prices.

7. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    This total nonsense! I am in and out of Deland Florida any time I feel like it.
    There is a Walmart # Maclennan, Georgia Pacific # Palatka, Yeungling # Tampa. Goodness knows how many loads out of Orlando. There is plenty of freight going in and out of Florida. Any company that uses that as an excuse is lieing. Oops CRE would never do that - hush my mouth.

fawne Thanks this.
  8. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Maybe for your company, but for us, at the TIME, there wernt that many. Hell, there may be loads flowin outta there like water now.....

9. fawne

fawne Light Load Member

May 29, 2010
    michigan
    Sorry but there are so many trucking companies in Jacksonville Florida that are hiring and there are so many jobs there I just can not believe for one minute that a place with an international airport does not have any loads going to that area..

Maybe its just me, maybe its because I have done business in the area. If I were you I'd tell them where to stick their ham sandwiches.

10. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Im really not that worried about it.

But I dont know what to say other than we had a hard time getting a load to that area at the time. Most likely we wernt at the right place to get one on that area.

11. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Reefer loads going out yes it is thin because they use oo's and pay them very little. Going in there are tons. If your company will use the reefer for all freight then you are in good shape. In my CRE reefer I hauled a load for Lumber Liquidators from Virginia going to South Florida. 1 drop in Davie the other in Miami.
    The "there is no freight in Florida" myth is just that a myth.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.