CRE hit and run in Wyoming

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by bigkev1115, Sep 18, 2016.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I could say much more but I'll leave it at that.

bzinger and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Countdown to "I got fired by CRE for vlogging" thread in ...4...3...2...

Longarm, drvrtech77, albert l and 4 others Thank this.
  4. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    You guys ever had to deal with the law? I mean go to court, make multiple appearances type of law?
    When you're bartering it becomes more about who knows who, how's that back get scratched and the repertoire between attorney and prosecutor / DA.
    A 'good' lawyer is often only so described because he's got connections - a hook up at the yacht club, the golf club, remember that box of illegally imported Cuban cigars I gave you last Christmas? Like Don Coreleone - one day I will ask you for a favor...

It isn't right (by my own measure), but with the right connections, the worst that'll happen to this CREtin is that he loses his CDL. But with a 'good' lawyer, it'll be a fine and a light suspension, then he can pull this stunt again on a six lane highway instead of a two.

19 minutes late... Story of my life too, buddy.

misterG and Hick Thank this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Actually plea bargaining also has another very real, (and to my mind, unconscionable,) reason. The DA is an elected position. DAs historically campaign on their conviction rate.
    So, to keep the rates artificially high, they will do a plea bargain, rather than take the chance that a jury will find the defendant not guilty. Same thing leads to their declining to prosecute case that are less than stellar.
    It's all BS.

6. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    That's just crazy right there and to think we share the roads with idiots like this.

7. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Most people are aware of how flawed the court system is. I'm not going to derail the thread into something its not. Just stating facts and minor opinion. Whether or not the driver gets a slap on the wrist or not will depend on how good the defense is.

Those 'good' lawyers are often to pricey for us common folk. You generally see them in movies, high profile cases and political scandals.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Ah what a #######.

Inb4

Driver was too tired and should have had a cpap but wasn't screened

SidewaysBentHalo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.