CrEngland student contract?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JaredJohnson, May 26, 2015.

1. JaredJohnson

JaredJohnson Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Can CR hold me to the student contract and stop me from getting a job using my CDL?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    They will hold you financially responsible but once you have your CDL they cannot take it from you.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  4. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Ya license is state issued, they can't take it but they will probably send an outrageous bill for it...

5. JaredJohnson

JaredJohnson Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I ask because i contacted another trucking company and let them know i went to CR and they asked for a copy of my contract

6. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    They probably want to see your training hours/days, etc. There may also be a very slight possibility that they will pay off your student loan, and then you re-pay the new employer. Did you even ask why they wanted to see your contract?

Once a CDL is issued, by the state, only the state can take it away, not any school.

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  7. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Maybe some of these companies have had to cut garnishment checks to CR England's collection agency and they don't wanna do it anymore....just a thought.

TequilaSunrise, otherhalftw and Shaggy Thank this.
  8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Contract is a contract. Much as I dislike C.R.E as everyone else. If that's true, crappy way to let a another employer know can't pay your bills and /or know could bail on them also.

@77smartin crappy way to pay off a former employer through other employers. I bet your post is very possible.

9. K9RVH

K9RVH Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Not to hijack, but G. Anthony are you formerly of Hahn AB and Crailsheim?

10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014

Nope sorry. Never was in any military, although I always wanted to fly, and really wanted to go into the Air Force, but that is for college gradumacated people (to fly), not us low-life high schoolers.

So I said screw it, they will draft me if they want to, and they never did that either....Geesh, you'd think some branch of the military would have taken me, as I couldn't afford to run up to and live in Canada.

K9RVH Thanks this.
  11. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    why would you want to leave for i love it over here make good money to

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.